JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,
In order to service my FAS 6004 air pistol, a small c-clip has to be removed, but I can't do it and I'm afraid I'll deface the gun if I try further. Are there any repair people in Vancouver or Portland (I live in downtown Vancouver) that could do this for me? I think someone with know-how could do it in just a few minutes. In the opening moments of this Youtube video, a FAS technician removes the c-clip with what looks like a chisel with a notch in the face of it, bit I couldn't find a tool like that for sale.

Lloyd

Put some tape on the sides of a small adjustable wrench. Open the wrench enough to fit over the clip stud and tap the clip off. The tape will protect the finish. You could also tape needle nose pliers and slide it off, but you need to make sure you don't let the pliers slip open.

Or, get a cheap screwdriver and Dremel a notch in the blade. Tape this too as well and tap it off. This will give you a straight shot at the clip, where using a small adjustable wrench will have a bit of side load as you can't tap directly in line with the jaws.

Hi,
In order to service my FAS 6004 air pistol, a small c-clip has to be removed, but I can't do it and I'm afraid I'll deface the gun if I try further. Are there any repair people in Vancouver or Portland (I live in downtown Vancouver) that could do this for me? I think someone with know-how could do it in just a few minutes. In the opening moments of this Youtube video, a FAS technician removes the c-clip with what looks like a chisel with a notch in the face of it, bit I couldn't find a tool like that for sale.

Lloyd

looks pretty simple. The other ideas here aren't bad but if you are uncomfortable and want a pro to do it I would hit up Jon @NWCustomFirearms in Vancouver (he's not far from Andreason and Fourth Plain).

I can't imagine he would charge much to pop that clip off for you.:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top