JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm tired of the Rock River triggers I have on my current AR's. They were inexpensive at the time, and they feel like it. Too much creep, to much poundage for trigger pull, and reset is so sharp that it pops back rather than clicks.

Not looking to spend hundreds on a new trigger, so what's your suggestion for the best AR trigger for lower than say $200.00?

Larue MBT 2 stage is my preferred for things that won't live their life as a bench rest rifle. It punches way above its price range. $80 ish or less with sales.

Got several LaRue and am very very hesitant to spend more now. Not that I won't as I have nicer triggers but it will really be depending on the rifle and use but moving forward I think it will be few and far between.

If creep is your main complaint. Take your upper off and remove the pistol grip. You'll find that the hole for the pistol grip screw is not threaded all of the way. run a tap into it and thread it all of the way. Then run a 1/4" set screw into the hole until it just touches the sear. the screw can be adjusted to remove any creep in the trigger. When you have the screw adjusted, use a tooth pick and put a drop of red loc-tite on it Then reassemble. This fix will not lighten the trigger pull, but it will remove the creep and all it cost was the price of the set screw and tap.

I really like the CMC trigger in my AR. Enough so that I'm using a CMC in my new build. 3.5 pounds, no discernable creep, breaks like the proverbial glass rod.

Not looking to spend hundreds on a new trigger, so what's your suggestion for the best AR trigger for lower than say $200.00?
70 bucks and done. Best affordable trigger upgrade.

70 bucks and done. Best affordable trigger upgrade.

I don't have the ACT Trigger. I have built an AR lower that I put in a BCM PNT trigger which I like.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bravo-company-pnt-trigger-assembly-ar-15-bcm-pnt-ta1

Which LaRue? I have 2 MBT 2 stage and one PSA 2 stage. The LaRue is better but there isn't much difference. I don't recall any light strikes or malfunctions with the LaRue triggers. Some of the others I have had the occasional light strike. I have 2 POF triggers. One on an AR47 which I sometimes get light strikes but not on the AR15 so far. Not too many rounds through that one. One of the LaRue is on an AR10 which I mostly shoot brass surplus from the early 80s.

If creep is your main complaint. Take your upper off and remove the pistol grip. You'll find that the hole for the pistol grip screw is not threaded all of the way. run a tap into it and thread it all of the way. Then run a 1/4" set screw into the hole until it just touches the sear. the screw can be adjusted to remove any creep in the trigger. When you have the screw adjusted, use a tooth pick and put a drop of red loc-tite on it Then reassemble. This fix will not lighten the trigger pull, but it will remove the creep and all it cost was the price of the set screw and tap.
Here's a grip screw designed for the creep adjustment:
JBO Grip Screw/ Trigger Adj.
You can also tune most quality FCGs and change out your springs.
The LaRue MBT-1 is so-so, but the MBT-2 is an awesome value.

Larue for the price and simplicity are amazing triggers.

Drop in units. I've found velocity to be amazing. As well as POF. Budget drop ins, the Aimsurplus unit is a great trigger for the price.

The pof triggers come with a set of anti walk pins, which is a nice touch.

I love the Larue Mbt-2. Great trigger and not that expensive. If u want a trigger solely for the purpose of shooting fast, Jerry michulek's mossberg trigger is good. 2.5lbs but adjustable up to 6, very short reset, adjustable over travel , etc. costs about $130 on sale. But it's kind of a one trick pony trigger and it's much thinner than La Rue which is not my preference. I prefer the larue for all around use.

You can get the Geisseles for under $200 on sale sometimes. The Larue mbt-2 is less than half the price of a Geissele even at sale price and is very, very good. Easily one of the best deals in the whole AR world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top