Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I must be rich now! The FBI told me so!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by quest23blue, Feb 3, 2010.

1. quest23blue

quest23blue Creswell, Oregon Member

I must be rich now right? :confused: I just got this email (See below) from the FBI so we all know it must be true :thumbup: Those nice Nigerian scam artists would not lie would they? :paranoid: I can now buy all the firearms on here and retire WOW!:woot: Oh no I think this might be a scam! :angry: Why did I send that money :banghead: Oh wait one minute I'm broke :rockon: No money for the losers down in scamville town today! :poke: If they would come up here I would be happy to pay them in full with lead! :gun11:

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION1110 THIRD AVENUESEATTLE, WASHINGTON 98101 USA ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY This e-mail has been issued to you in order to Officially inform you that we have completed an investigation on an International Payment in which was issued to you by an International Lottery Company. With the help of our newly developed technology (International Monitoring Network System) we discovered that your e-mail address was automatically selected by an Online Balloting System, this has legally won you the sum of $800,000.00 USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's Check. Normally, it will take up to 10 business days for an International Check to be cashed by your local bank. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from a registered bank within the United States Of America so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $800,000.00 USD has been written in a Bank of America Certified Cashier Check. We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been written in a Bank of America Certified Cashier Check you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Lottery Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Lagos, Nigeria. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following - (1) Deposit Fee's ( Fee's paid by the company for the deposit into an American Bank which is - Bank Of America )(2) Cashier's Check Conversion Fee ( Fee for converting the Wire Transfer payment into a Certified Cashier's Check )(3) Shipping Fee's ( This is the charge for shipping the Cashier's Check to your home address ) The total amount for everything is $250 (Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $250 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been written in a Bank of America Certified Cashier Check and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the winner, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram. In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge ( Mr. Robert Tailor) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information: CONTACT AGENT NAME: Robert Tailor E-MAIL ADDRESS: rob_tailor@gala.net You will be required to e-mail him with the following information: FULL NAME:ADDRESS:CITY:STATE:ZIP CODE:DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:CURRENT OCCUPATION: You will also be required to request Western Union or Money Gram details on how to send the required $250 in order to immediately ship your prize of $800,000.00 USD via Certified Cashier's Check drawn from Bank Of America, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction : EA2948-910. This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau Of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $250 ONLY to Mr. Robert Tailor via information in which he shall send to you, if you do not receive your winning prize of $800,000.00 we shall be held responsible for the loss and this shall invite a penalty of $3,000 which will be made PAYABLE ONLY to you (The Winner). Mr. Bill NicholasSpecial Agent.Federal Bureau of Investigation.

2. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Lucky!

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, if this didn't work fairly often, they wouldn't be doing it. :(

4. xstayfrostyx

xstayfrostyx PDX Member

Wow... the email scammers have really stepped up their game compared to what has been going around in years past. This one is actually quite intricate, and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of less savvy folks out there get taken by this one :(

5. xstayfrostyx

xstayfrostyx PDX Member

That's exactly right!

Now that I think of it, if I remember correctly there was an older woman in Oregon last year who lost around $60,000 on one of these email scams. I believe she was in Cottage Grove or some place near there. She ended up losing her home over it, too. Bad times.

6. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

True story, my grandparents fell victim to a $5000 scam :(

They got a phone call from their "grandson (me)" he was in Canada on a fishing trip and caused a auto wreck and got charged with a DUI, and he was not going to be released back into the United States unless he could come up with the $5000 bail. My loving grandfather drove straight to Walmart to send a $5000 MoneyGram. The lady behind the counter told asked the reason for the money, and quietly pushed a sheet of paper about known scams in front of him. He read it but didnt care.

To this day he swears it sounded exactly like me. But it wasnt... He lost all the money without recovering a single penny. He researched the scam and found people all over the area whom the same scam happened it.

7. Cougfan2

Never mind. Can't really say on this forum what I think of people that would take advantage of the elderly like this.

8. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

That makes me sad and angry at the same time.

If you want a good laugh about these 419 scams, you should check out the guys at 419eater. Basically, they respond to these ads and try to get the guy on the other side to send THEM stuff. It is pretty funny how long some of these guys string the scammer along. Yes, it CAN be dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it, but it IS funny!

http://www.419eater.com/

9. quest23blue

quest23blue Creswell, Oregon Member

Like I said;I would be happy to pay them in lead :gun11: If they would make it a hunting trip with no bag limit I would go :thumbup:

10. Cougfan2

Sign me up for the skinin', before you shoot them that is.

11. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

I have talked to several people reporting very similar things, sometimes asking if it was legit or if possible to get their funds back....really too bad

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I think you should send in the $250

not!

13. KAHRnage45

KAHRnage45 Springfield, Oregon Member

I got a similar scam only from the Government of Spain saying I won $686,000 and that all I had to do was send them $1500, and all my bank account info and they would deposit it in there for me immediatly! :bluelaugh::bluelaugh: I can't believe people fall for this stuff. But they obviously do! :huh:

14. Bark

Bark Oregon Member

2 the chest and 1 to the head would work.....Oh, did I just say that outloud, I hate it when I do that.

15. roguebowhunter

roguebowhunter medford Member

similar thing happened to one of my customers moms here last summer swore it was her nephew callin .. took like 6000 or so from her ..

16. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I get alot of thees scam emails when I sell a high ticket item on Craigsist.com. The only way I will ship it to where ever is if you send me a box full of money, then that will work.

17. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

I use to play with Cars , Trucks , Motorcycles....I advertised on Craigslist and many others... I have $53,000
    worth in checks that I received over the years... I played with them all the way until I received the check , Then played in various other ways...The comical part was many of them told me I was stealing from them and taking their hard earned money...LOL , I asked how it felt and in some cases I sent a picture of my happy smiling self holding the check... Dangerous, Could be , But I treated it like any other threat , Threats I did get...I told them you have the address you sent the check to do what you need to do...Nothing...

18. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

And the letter said, "You may already be a WIENER!"...................elsullo :D

19. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

.....:paranoid:.....