Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I miss the 80's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FA9, Jul 30, 2012.

1. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;9Db-vzfxdEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Db-vzfxdEs[/video]

2. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

John Huston movies, Hair Metal and Ronald Reagan. What's not to love about the 80's. (And Sledge Hammer was a great TV show).

3. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

It was a great show. I wish it would show up on Netflix

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

5. Burt Gummer

dp

6. Burt Gummer

7. Burt Gummer

Falling Skies fans will love this one - Will Patton, a crooked cop, being punished by the Equalizer.

[video=youtube;_N7Ud_ELyXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7Ud_ELyXc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Equalizer was awesome. Made me want a Jaguar for about 10 minutes!

Does anybody remember the detective shows Riptide and Stingray? And of course the best detective show ever: Simon and Simon! Loved the Power Wagon!

9. Pepiot

Pepiot Oregon My other girl ^^^^^

Wow, I remember Sledge Hammer being much better than that, I actually wish i wouldn't of just watched it. Spinning a SA/DA :jawdrop:

10. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

Ahh the memories...
    [video=youtube;F4LX8PPMuOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LX8PPMuOY[/video]

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

So do I - Magnum PI, the high waisted ladies jeans, the hair styles and the last of the 'real' Jeeps.

12. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

My thoughts exactly...owee owee owee.

13. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I learned that one when I went back to watch Short Circuit. I remembered it as being a great movie so when I saw it at Wally World for $5 I thought my kids would enjoy it. What a terrible movie. How I ever thought that was good is beyond me.

I now have a rule; no movies older than 10years. Keeps my pleasant memories in tact.

14. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Braless Babes (how the hell did that ever go out of fashion?), Ozzie Ozborne at his best, ELO, The BeeGees, Willie Nelson at the Airport Drive-In in Houston TX, My second wife, Magnum P.I., Strawberry Hill for a buck a bottle, Willits CA, Key Largo FL

Good freakin times in the 80's

15. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Miami Vice 1984-1990 was one of my favorites along with Magnum PI (Thomas Magnum being the only person allowed to wear a Hawiian shirt tucked in). Fast cars, fast boats, hot chicks. What's not to like? And Thomas Magnum was a 1911 guy; another point in his favor.

16. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I remember movies that I saw as a kid where I was blown away by the special effects at the time and now they look like movies the SciFi channel would reject as too hokey looking.

17. Burt Gummer

I would watch the original Terminator movie (1984) over most of the crap SciFI of today.

Die Hard - better than 90% of the garbage today. First Blood, RoboCop, the list is long .... Short Circuit was awful THEN, you must have been high at the time :)

18. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I remember trying to watch the A Team a few months ago and shook my head by how bad it was but I loved it when I was a kid. Lets see good music, well, i remember it as good. campy movies, and most importantly, least till the late 80s, no Rap. I hate that crap with a capitol CRAP.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Hey..I liked Short Circuit, saw it again a couple of years ago and I still like it. Maybe you guys dont like it because you took it "seriously" where the movie was a comedy.