JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Minis from my brothers. I can't even keep artificial plants alive.

IMG_0247_zpsr3gdwceb.jpg

Sorry, no photos. Our heirloom tomatoes were the bomb this year! Also, the cucumbers were terrific! Regular seed area but lots of firm, juicy flesh!:)

Grabbed a tomato and ate it right in the garden this afternoon. Awesome. Digging potatoes this week for storage, had butternut squash, baked potatoes and sautéed apples for dinner last night. Some late season raspberries.

I love the round lemon Cukes and years ago a Buddy of mine gave me a jar of home made little sweet gerkins from his garden. Those were the best pickles I have ever eaten !:s0108: I am lucky to have a local garden center that sells lots of Heirlooms from local sources. I know many Ace Hardware stores sell Heirloom seeds from ''Territorial Seed'' out of Cottage Grove, Or. :s0155: I bought some veggie starts there years ago and the ''Spotted Trout'' Lettuce a Bavarian Heirloom was the sweetest Lettuce I have grown and with pear Toms and Lemon Cukes, Man what a Salad ! :s0069:

We planted our first "raised beds" at the new house this year.
We're in the Coastal Range, near Willamina, so the weather is temperate.

Our tomatoes were taller than I am (5'10"), and are still producing.
We pick a good sized bowl every day, and have lots more to share with friends.

We learned a lot this year, and will do better next year.

We've also planted lots of other veggies and some fruit trees.

upload_2015-10-11_20-48-28.png

Thanks. The wife LOVES to garden. It makes her happy, and that makes me happy. She's even got it uplit at night, and has a koi pond. It really is very nice. I occasionally help out with some muscle, but it's really a result of all her talent and hard work.

I am fortunate this year. Four tomato plants.
More than we can eat.
Using a food drier to preserve them for later.
Slice the cherries in half and dry.
Slice the bigger ones in 3/8" rounds and dry after sprinkling a little chili powder, garlic powder.
A gallon of tomatoes dry down to a sandwich size ziplock.
They make tasty treats all by themselves.

20150824_111411 reduced.jpg

2016 Spring Revival!

I've been busy keeping my yard in order, I want to turn as much as I can into food bearing area without sacrificing yard space for the kids to run around in so I plant along fence lines and in dead spaces that has no grass. I have a green thumb/hand/body and I talk to the plants and they talk back.

Who else is doing some gardening this year?

My raised bed at the house. Soaker hoses and burying the asparagus root right now for next year. Using automatic timers, efficient watering and proper fertilizers.
image.jpeg

1/3rd of the corn bed at the old mans farm. He leases out the property for farmers and they are growing silage corn on 35 of the acres... I want good corn. Haha. Bed is in the bottom of a flood channel so fresh nutrients are deposited every year. Have about 75% of the rocks cleared out, soil is clean and very rich.
image.jpeg

My grapes started. About a month old photo when I first planted them. Have about 14" of growth now on them. I will be soon putting up lattice to train them onto. Both as a visual barrier to the neighbors and as something to get them prepared for proper growth.
image.jpeg

Old photo of raspberries and Marionberry. Soaker hoses to water under sawdust. These came from pops place. His berries are 8' tall and about 30" wide and 60' long. Wild, wild raspberry row at his place.
image.jpeg

I also just put in this spring four apple trees in our backyard. We purchased house June of 2015 so it was too late to plant the trees. Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, Gala and Fuji. Already have 8-16" of growth on the trees so far. My plan is no fruit the first three years. Then on year four I will selectively trim the budding fruit so I may get less in quantity but more in quality and size.

Last Edited:
That is a nice garden.:s0155: Coincidence, I said to my Ol Lady at the store a couple hours ago that the soaker hoses is what will be used in our next garden. :s0083:I have to wait until next year, but I will have my Home paid by next Spring !:s0073:

2016 Spring Revival!

I've been busy keeping my yard in order, I want to turn as much as I can into food bearing area without sacrificing yard space for the kids to run around in so I plant along fence lines and in dead spaces that has no grass. I have a green thumb/hand/body and I talk to the plants and they talk back.

Who else is doing some gardening this year?

My raised bed at the house. Soaker hoses and burying the asparagus root right now for next year. Using automatic timers, efficient watering and proper fertilizers.
View attachment 291911

1/3rd of the corn bed at the old mans farm. He leases out the property for farmers and they are growing silage corn on 35 of the acres... I want good corn. Haha. Bed is in the bottom of a flood channel so fresh nutrients are deposited every year. Have about 75% of the rocks cleared out, soil is clean and very rich.
View attachment 291912

My grapes started. About a month old photo when I first planted them. Have about 14" of growth now on them. I will be soon putting up lattice to train them onto. Both as a visual barrier to the neighbors and as something to get them prepared for proper growth.
View attachment 291913

Old photo of raspberries and Marionberry. Soaker hoses to water under sawdust. These came from pops place. His berries are 8' tall and about 30" wide and 60' long. Wild, wild raspberry row at his place.
View attachment 291914

I also just put in this spring four apple trees in our backyard. We purchased house June of 2015 so it was too late to plant the trees. Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, Gala and Fuji. Already have 8-16" of growth on the trees so far. My plan is no fruit the first three years. Then on year four I will selectively trim the budding fruit so I may get less in quantity but more in quality and size.

That's a nice looking garden!

I've been wanting to start a garden since we bought our house 2 years ago, but have too many other projects and little kids. But the fresh fruit and veggies would be awesome and my daughter would love it.

Maybe do a small one after we build our deck next month and then do a larger one next year.

750 feet of rows in. Tomatoes,potatoes, onions, squash and pumpkins. All have drip tape on them. 50 feet of raspberries, 150 feet of blueberries, 50 feet of grapes, 100 feet of trellis apples and 9 dwarf (not so much anymore) apple trees and 4 pear trees. 2 large herb posts, and 2 of lettuce

I took out 400 feet of garden space and planted grass. Just could not use the stuff up and al ot of people were not interested in harvesting any of it. Love my garden and will keep doing it until am too old to plant a pot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top