JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks ;)

Funny thing is that I've found folks I'm talking to tend to get upset/angry before I do. When I was younger, I was more of the hothead type. Now, I tend to keep myself calm in all but the most heated of situations. It is funny how ticked people will get when you don't respond to their angry outburst with the same.

Yep, same here it really pi$$es em off to no end most times.....
A well placed throat punch will quiet them down a bit!!!!;)

Those folks are entitled to their opinion. Everyone can still speak their piece in this country at least for the moment. But they are not permitted to foist their hysterical, hoplophobic rules on me.

I do this alot with our modern society

I may Disagree with what you have to say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it. ( Voltaire )

The Left does not understand this.

I had a long conversation with a woman that had spent 30 years in the CA. education system as upper management. She spent 30 minutes trying to convince me that: (she never called it this) EUGENICS should be instituted by the courts!:confused:

Where did the angry guy spouting off to the original poster get his uninformed emotional opinions? Probably largely from the libtard driven media.

Celebrities and politicians who don't know anything about the weapons they're trying to ban should be ashamed of themselves, and they should STFU.

Worse, loudmouths who DO know the difference (revolver, bolt, semi/full auto, NFA) make a specific point of preying upon the fear and ignorance of voters who don't. Those particular hacks don't feel shame and they will never shut up. They should simply be tarred and feathered.

Last Edited:
My ex wife was not a fan of guns, and she was an extreme left supporter. However she did not support banning firearms because it infringed on the rights of others. I think this was partly because she'd grown up in a house where her father shot frequently, and has first hand experience with responsible gun owners. Education is definitely the missing link in many cases.

Last Edited:
The one I see most and was with a recent long time family member, they just moved up from here from California and are about 65 years old. But they listen and actually we can talk and I have helped educated somewhat.
Like many liberal antis, they think a SigP229 that holds 12 rounds and is not a revolver is a automatic and any rifle that is not a bolt action is a automatic. As in one pull will empty the rounds.
I was very lucky to bring my firearms over and show her how they worked and how they were not what she was thinking. After her defenses wore down a bit she told me how when she was little she went hunting allot with he uncle and her brothers.
Its still a work in progress as she loves Obama allot. One step at a time I suppose.

The one I see most and was with a recent long time family member, they just moved up from here from California and are about 65 years old. But they listen and actually we can talk and I have helped educated somewhat.
Like many liberal antis, they think a SigP229 that holds 12 rounds and is not a revolver is a automatic and any rifle that is not a bolt action is a automatic. As in one pull will empty the rounds.
I was very lucky to bring my firearms over and show her how they worked and how they were not what she was thinking. After her defenses wore down a bit she told me how when she was little she went hunting allot with he uncle and her brothers.
Its still a work in progress as she loves Obama allot. One step at a time I suppose.

I think our best bet for the future to turn in our favor is to do just what you described. One by one, win them over to our side. Show them guns are not evil, and, more importantly, that we are not evil. Show them we can be civil, friendly, reasonable and intelligent. Best thing to do is show them that what politicians tell them is not true. Make them question what their leaders are telling them. Be the people we claim to be, and show them we're not to be feared. The more of us that can do that, the more chance we have to win more to our side.

1. According to the Brady Campaign, there have been 164 people killed by "assault rifles" since the ban ended in 2004... less than 16 per year....

Average 52 people a year die from lightning.

600 people a year die in swimming pools.

worldwide 45 people a year die from toaster accidents (I kid you not...)

16 die from "assault rifles"

2. What would have banning "assault weapons" done to stop this last shooting?

1. According to the Brady Campaign, there have been 164 people killed by "assault rifles" since the ban ended in 2004... less than 16 per year....

Average 52 people a year die from lightning.

600 people a year die in swimming pools.

worldwide 45 people a year die from toaster accidents (I kid you not...)

16 die from "assault rifles"

2. What would have banning "assault weapons" done to stop this last shooting?

THEY ARE NOT ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yeap... But this isn't the only topic people claim opinions on for themselves that they don't know jack bubblegum about. Look at........ well, every single politically divisive topic............. in existence.

It's definitely better to educate when you get the chance... but you're not going to make someone who's stupid about guns "educated" on the topic in a 5 minute interaction. And if the conversation is adversarial, it's definitely not going to do anyone any good. Just walk away from those situation.

Trust me.... I have a LOT of interaction and experience with gun re-tards.
I think the only thing you can try to educate them about is if they take any guns they will eventually take them all.
Then it can be like Australia,where you need enough money to practice every month to keep your ability to take your weapon out of jail to go hunting

And therein lies part of the problem. The ignorant anti-gunners are usually fueled by false information, twisted statistics, emotion (fear, anger, hatred) and just a general misunderstanding of guns and gun owners. The type you ran into today are not able to have an open mind (though they will scream at you that they do). They cannot have the 'open and honest' discussion the President says we need to have. They are a walking bag of hypocrisy and hatred, wrapped up in bitterness and uncontrolled emotion.

I'd love to talk to folks like this myself, and sometimes I get to. Main difference is that I can keep my emotions and the volume of my voice in check and...I can stop talking long enough to listen. If they can afford the same respectful manner, then we could have a conversation that might give them a chance to learn something that is actually true.

I believe that there is more to this "miss information" I believe that there is an agenda and they turn bad statistics into propaganda. But I agree with all that you have said

I disagree, I do believe the AR platform is an assault rifle. That was its intended engineering and it is great for that. But when I would kind of put a twist on that and say assault/defensive rifle. It was not engineered to be a "modern sporting rifle". The AR is very versatile and can be modded to be a great varmint/range toy but I believe that by far the majority of these rifles sold have defensive applications in mind with the purchase.
I think more progunners need to step up and take on the bold stance that the 2nd amendment is to protect ourselves from civilian thugs, and an tyrannical govt. and I would also add, terrorist attacks,invasion.

I believe every defensive weapon is bought with the same mindset as life insurance or home insurance. It is to cover the what ifs and make sure you have a fighting chance if SHTF.
And if you mention this point of a view and you hear back,"that's for the LEO or military" ask what happened truly during hurricane Katrina, and ask them what LEO is there guarding their individual family 20 years from now when our country bears no resemblance to what we have now. Everything that has kept our country safe and strong in the past is being eroded away/demonized at an extreme rate.

So in closing from this rant I that the only reason to fight for our rights, is not for hunting or recreation but to ensure our safety by bearing "real arms". Most of our military and Law enforcement officers are amazing people, nearly all are brave and many are heroes. But They are far and few between when you need them most and I take comfort in the fact that as of now we are different from most defenseless countries in the fact that, we can defend our own families with whatever means is appropriate for the situation. And If we do not defend our rights now, we will be disarmed when we need our defenses most.

I work with many people that do not understand the reason law biding citizens fight so hard to keep such powerful weapons. It was not until I put forth the idea of a society degrading into a tyrannical oppressive nation that they saw my reasoning. This was the first time this individual had ever thought of that and it did make a big impact on him and saw the reasoning behind the "black rifle"
Its hard to make a good argument to keep " black rifles" for recreation, sporting or home defense,(in our current society). I support all of that but that would be a very difficult idea to explain to the families that have lost a loved one.
these weapons are built for extreme situations, and need a bold stance to make sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top