JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
while i was in the process of cleaning my mosin I got a bore brush stuck in the barrel, i must have used to big of a brush and I know better:eek: , I mean good and stuck, tried to hit it out with no luck, any suggestions outside of taking it to a gunsmith?

You could try using a 1/4" hard wood dowel on it, if you cut it to about 6 inch lengths it should allow you to hammer on it without breaking. Bore Brushes will normally bend their bristles back from the direction they are pushed, so trying to pull them the other way makes problems as there isn't enough room for the bristles to reverse direction. You will have to take the risk of unthreading the rod from the brush, or try bashing it from the other direction. If you put a short piece of rubber tubing on the end of the dowel you might be able to contain the treaded end of the brush to keep it from scratching the bore. Well, that is what I'd try, I have the dowel too, I used it for slugging the barrel.

truly, it is hard to tell. I'd need to see it to get inspired. Try hammering out with a dowel. Lubricate generously.

dissolve the brush chemically (what is it made up of)?

Where in the bbl it got stuck? If close to the muzzle, just saw it off. :D Now seriously, that's what I did to my 91/30. Cut to 16" and threaded if for my 308 can. Developed a subsonic load based on the Hor 220gr RN. Kind of cool and fun rig. copyofdsc0092.jpg

If everthing fails, and if it is a cheap M91/30, just throw it away (or sell in parts), and get another one at Big 5. I'd buy the bolt assembly if the price is right.

Don't feel bad friend,same thing happened to me once. I solved the problem by stuffing a few cleaning patches in the bore and then useing a "one peice" cleaning rod and a mallet I carefully drove the wadding and rod through the barrel until the brush popped out the muzzle. I also "Moly coat" my bores,so that may have helped;I can't say for sure. Anyways, I wish you luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top