JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a AUTO PRIME tool for my reloading bench from Amazon ( got a gift card ) - Did it yesterday morning through their PRIME program - arrived today - fantastic
I opened the box up and all the small pieces were missing - no priming rods, no springs, no pins, only the larger pieces in the box.
Called RCBS and told them - they ordered me a new one shipped to my house - no charge to me and they did not want the pieces I had back.
I could not ask for better service from a company. I am a happy customer. I will always buy RCBS going forward.

I have an RCBS Jr. I bought in 1962. When I broke the die retaining spring in it, I gave them a call.
A very nice lady verified the model with me and sent me a new spring free of charge.

They are without a doubt one of the best companies to deal with. They stand behind their equipment, no matter how old it is or how hard you ride it. I just wish they would go back to issuing the old style lock rings with their dies. I have a pile of the rings with the set screw that puts pressure on the threads. I bought old style replacements on amazon but the price keeps going up! Imagine!

Personally, I have mixed feelings about them.

I have an older single-stage "JR". The handle broke where the handle threads into the cam area. This would be my first dealings with RCBS and I was certain, from every other gleaming post in the creation of the internet, and word of mouth for the past 30+ years, that they would send me a handle and I'dbe back in business. Well, when i finally got a rep on the phone they told me they don't have the handle for it. BUT they were happy to sell me a retro-fit kit for $90, plus shipping and handling fees. :s0001:

Needless to say I told them no, and that I would inform anyone and everyone if anybody asks. Knowing it was out of commission, my wife suprised me with a brand new Rock Chucker Supreme.

Later, I found a 3/4" steel rod and had the end sized and threaded to fit the "JR".

So, I now have a JR that is setting collecting dust (that leaves a bad taste in my mouth everytime I look at it), and a newer RCS.

I hear they they have great customer service, just not 100% certain (from my own experience).

Good for you, though. :s0069:

I just wish they would go back to issuing the old style lock rings with their dies.
I assume you are referring to the split ring style?
Yea those are the best no doubt!

Remember the real old ones with hex set screw and the lead insert that would 'crush' into the threads to secure them?

They are without a doubt one of the best companies to deal with. They stand behind their equipment, no matter how old it is or how hard you ride it. I just wish they would go back to issuing the old style lock rings with their dies. I have a pile of the rings with the set screw that puts pressure on the threads. I bought old style replacements on amazon but the price keeps going up! Imagine!
Place a lead shot under the screw to keep from buggering up the threads.

WOW I wish I had a story about RCBS warranty dept. but I have been using the same JR press and powder measure and doodads since 1980 and I haven't been able to break or wear out a thing. THOUSANDS of rounds of 30-06 as well as the 12 other cartridges I reload. Maybe one day I can add to this thread.

I'm still waiting for a response for a piece that broke a year ago on my primer pocket swager.

And you followed up on this how?
Any chance that your issue was "handled" by someone that is no longer in their employ due to faulty customer service?
I've been busy enough and haven't used the tool in a while so it's been a moot point. Was just putting my $.02 in there. It's not the hinge pin for RCBS purchases.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top