JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We moved almost 3 years ago. Today I had a RARE several days off and felt productive. Moving stuff around in the garage, tossing stuff I no longer need, organizing. When I decided to prep her old paint ball marker we never could find the tank that came with it .So I just bought a new one. So I pull out a LARGE tote that had been in one corner since we moved. Wondering if maybe tank was in there. Right away I found two old bags of paint balls, so thought hey this must be it. No luck but at bottom of the damn thing I find a NIB .22. I guess the factory oiled it good when it left as it's been on the floor in there for years and no rust. Why Wife bought this? Who the hell knows. I have to guess she probably at some time asked me about these and I of course told her don't buy, they are highly likely to be a problem. I have to guess this must be why she never told me she bought it. So when I see her and ask when the hell did we buy this she gets all red faced, admits it was many years ago and she "lost track" of it :confused:. That she had meant to put it in the safe but "forgot" :cool:
So what the hell I guess I will have to take it next range trip and see if it even works. Next thing I asked is "are there any other new guns I don't know about?" She promised no. Hell at least when I sneak a new gun in the house I put it in the safe :s0140:

once you figure out to disengage BOTH safeties, you may be pleasantly surprised at how it shoots! it is a PITA to reassemble after cleaning, so watch that recoil spring!! My brother's has about 10000 rds thru it and still ticking. Mine has half as much and it is time for a new firing pin spring, which is a simple fix.

once you figure out to disengage BOTH safeties, you may be pleasantly surprised at how it shoots! it is a PITA to reassemble after cleaning, so watch that recoil spring!! My brother's has about 10000 rds thru it and still ticking. Mine has half as much and it is time for a new firing pin spring, which is a simple fix.
Thanks I need to take it down just to give it a once over before I put it in the safe. I did discover the two safety thing right off the bat. Could not get the mag out at first, thought great must be rusted in. Then I found that the mag will only release when one of the safeties is on. Almost had to look at the instruction book :D I have read a few people saying they had one they loved in the past. I guess if it does actually work I will then have to buy some mags though. No way I am ever going to have a pistol with only one mag. First thing I did was look for more. Ebay of course has them and even has the longer slides for them since this one is the short version. Was kind of surprised Ebay would allow those there :s0092:
So what the hell if it works I will buy a few parts for it, maybe wrap it up and give it to Wife next time I need a gift :s0140:

There are youtube vids on modding the main saftety. still is a safety and slide hold open, just makes things better. and it's easy. order mags and spare springs and things direct from Phoenix. Customer service is good. just remember, no high velocity stuff if you want it to last. Great little plinker.

We moved almost 3 years ago. Today I had a RARE several days off and felt productive. Moving stuff around in the garage, tossing stuff I no longer need, organizing. When I decided to prep her old paint ball marker we never could find the tank that came with it .So I just bought a new one. So I pull out a LARGE tote that had been in one corner since we moved. Wondering if maybe tank was in there. Right away I found two old bags of paint balls, so thought hey this must be it. No luck but at bottom of the damn thing I find a NIB .22. I guess the factory oiled it good when it left as it's been on the floor in there for years and no rust. Why Wife bought this? Who the hell knows. I have to guess she probably at some time asked me about these and I of course told her don't buy, they are highly likely to be a problem. I have to guess this must be why she never told me she bought it. So when I see her and ask when the hell did we buy this she gets all red faced, admits it was many years ago and she "lost track" of it :confused:. That she had meant to put it in the safe but "forgot" :cool:
So what the hell I guess I will have to take it next range trip and see if it even works. Next thing I asked is "are there any other new guns I don't know about?" She promised no. Hell at least when I sneak a new gun in the house I put it in the safe :s0140:

Leverage!!

The last time my wife went to Australia for a few months to visit family I bought a Honda CRF450R dirt bike and didn't tell her about it…. until about 2 weeks after she got home and went out in the workshop and saw it…. I really did forget to mention it because I paid cash for it from my "mad money stash"….

That's my story and I've stuck to it!! :D

At least when my Wife goes out and buys a new gun, she is too excited to show it off instead of hiding it! Now, Shoes, that's a whole nother thing! I bet the woman has shoes she hasn't ever worn yet and has forgotten she even has, her shoes have their own room!

At least when my Wife goes out and buys a new gun, she is too excited to show it off instead of hiding it! Now, Shoes, that's a whole nother thing! I bet the woman has shoes she hasn't ever worn yet and has forgotten she even has, her shoes have their own room!
I try not to even look but, walk in closet in master bed, shelves on 3 sides up high. Two sides are stacked deep with shoe boxes. I really don't think a lot of them have ever been opened. :mad: I guess the next time I buy some new gun if she says anything I will point out those :s0140:

I have the range kit version that comes with 2 different length barrels. I have enjoyed it every time I have shot it. No, it is no top end gun, but was bought to train the kids. Now if my wife will let me take them shooting before they graduate college,.. lol

My wife would not set foot in a gun store. Heck she does not eve like being in the sporting goods section of Wal-Mart. Just tell your wife there are ways she can make up for her forgetfulness and have a good laugh,. Just don't tell her that while she is holding the gun.

There are youtube vids on modding the main saftety. still is a safety and slide hold open, just makes things better. and it's easy. order mags and spare springs and things direct from Phoenix. Customer service is good. just remember, no high velocity stuff if you want it to last. Great little plinker.
Thanks, I had no idea they were still making guns. Will have to look at their own site. For some reason it was in the back of my head that this was another of the places to go away. Just looked and the stuff is actually cheaper direct from them. Shocked that they are still in the PRK too. Amazing the state has not run them off :cool:
Thanks if you had not said anything I would not have even looked since I was for some reason thinking this was one of the places that had gone away.

My suggestion is to take many different kinds of ammo to the range with you.

I never did understand men or women who hide or keep their purchases a SECRET.

ANY type of purchase... I don't understand that at all.

I always thought that it was a GOOD IDEA to encourage the other person (Spouse.) to buy a gun and become a proficient shooter with it as long as they did not put their budget out of whack.

I am a firm believer in men and women SAVING their money - paying in cash/check or using a card and PAY IT IN FULL (NO interest ever!) AND in buying their own guns too.

Cate

My suggestion is to take many different kinds of ammo to the range with you.
Yep! I tend to only buy CCI MM but still have probably 5 other flavors around from buying what I could find during the last great panic and again when this one was winding up. I have 5 Ruger .22's, 3 are pistols, and at least one if not two of them always head to the range with me. So if this thing turns out to be a PITA and does not want to work it will be a big nothing to me. Will toss it in the back of the safe and keep it for barter or such. If it works will have to buy a few extras for it. One more to pass on to the kids when I shuffle off :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top