JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like shooting my Ruger Mark III with Pac-Lite upper.

I still need to get a good red dot optic for it.

DSC00613.jpg

Sig Sauer has a special offer right now for the P226 or P220 in .22LR.

It comes with a coupon for a discount toward a 9mm, .40, or .357Sig complete slide/barrel assembly.

In the end you get a gun that fires .22 and a centerfire cartridge for less than the price of the regular centerfire gun.

dang wish i had known that. But I ended up getting a Ruger MkIII.

I love .22 handguns. Most bang for the buck possible. I shoot a suppressed Buckmark, Ruger MKIII, High Standard HD Military, Smith K22 6", Advantage Arms Glock conversion and a Kimber Conversion kit on a dedicated 1911 alloy Caspian frame every chance I get.

I love my Ruger Mark III! It is a sweet little pistol. Nice wood grips, stainless steel fluted barrel- shoots like a dream. I just ordered a Burris Fast Fire red dot for it- it is a pretty slick sight, so I look forward to getting that added on there.

It'll be a real tack driver once I have some good low profile optics on there!

I forget if I asked about this before but what do folks think are the best .22 options for general/defensive use? I know that .22's are low on the list of defensive calibers but I'd like any handgun I get to be small, sturdy and reliable enough for concealed carry, etc - even if I'm not likely to use it that way. The Walther P-22 seems like it might fit the bill but I'd love to find something smaller and preferably with a higher capacity magazine...

If I had to go .22 I would pick a rifle....If it was an auto pistol, I would find the one that fit me and shoot it and the intended ammo A LOT and make sure it works really, really, well. Another choice would be one of the Smith and Wesson titanium/scandium uber light weight revolvers for this purpose. Reliability would be better.

Finnaly got out an shot my Mk III today. Went up to the quarry at Browns Camp and put about 500 rounds though it between myself and my friend. Only had about 5 problems with empty cases getting stuck.

I picked up a resetting target from Bi-Mart for ~$30 bucks and had alot of fun plinking:

Hey Ryan - How do you like this target? I thought about pick one of these up at bi-mart. They are so inexpensive and great for plinking. If you had fun with it- I think I will go grab one!

I wish I had more time to shoot!

I have a Ruger Mark III and LOVE it. The only problem I have is that my wife loves it too and she is going to steal it from me!! lol.

I put a Burris fast fire on mine and once it is sighted in it will be awesome!

I really like it. I think i need to paint the targets dayglo orange or something though cause after the day of shooting most of the orange targets were gone. It said not to use magnum or hollow point rounds, but none of the hollow points I shot at it did any more damage than the round points we shot at it.

I bought a cheap tasco red dot, but it fits a weaver rail and the one on my gun is too wide. But we were able to hit about 5/10 shots by the end of the day. Not too bad seeing as I haven't shot a gun in about 10 years, and never really shot a hand gun.

I have a walther p22 and I took some non gun owning shot once before friends and they (pun intended) had a blast with that thing and it for the dollar value of ammo they used i got more than repaid in nice beer and cheap champagne lol.

Isn't there a rule regarding too many carriage returns in a single post causing a white space overrun in said post? Can we get a "moderator" to check on this please?? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top