Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

I love 1911's....

Reactions
I love em. They are so simple, so effective and just great shooters. The ammo for them is pretty expensive, but the joy of shooting them is so great... Steel guns just feel better than plastic ones. And I, for some reason, am much more accurate with a steel gun than a plastic one, kind of weird. Man, I love my 1911's. Who else loves 1911's?

Reactions
I have the 1911 fever but no 1911 yet. I've been fingering them for the last couple of weeks at the gun stores. :(
That Kimber Team USA looks good.

Reactions
Yeah I have the fever....and there is no cure!
The only way to soothe it is more 1911. :love::love::love:
Here is my newest...I picked it up a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it.
Functions flawlessly with all types of ammo and is very acurate.
Springfield 1911-A1 Loaded in Stainless...
2809832536_7ce23812d7.jpg

2808978895_ebdc0f77be.jpg

Reactions
The comp is a Bedell 7 port progressive, and the triggers are both SVI, one is the small curve, and the other is an Infinity with Benos insert. The real magic are in the parts you don't see. ;-)

Reactions
Me and my SA loaded are having insecurity issues at thte moment. I need to freshin it up a bit. Im not a gunsmith by any means, so i think I will start with what I can do

Reactions
Is the reason you're more accurate with a steel gun due to the weight? I've heard that some cops complain about Glocks after the second shot because its tougher to keep the lighter poly frame on target post recoil? Makes sense but ****, I wouldn't know.

Reactions
Is the reason you're more accurate with a steel gun due to the weight? I've heard that some cops complain about Glocks after the second shot because its tougher to keep the lighter poly frame on target post recoil? Makes sense but ****, I wouldn't know.
Recoil is different, but not "my" reason why I prefer or shoot better with my 1911's.

Recoil control is just a matter of practice and technique. My splits with a Poly pistol is just as good as with my 1911's. Why I prefer my 1911's over my poly has to do with natural aim, I can point a 1911 more naturally. Familiarity, controls and lastly because I am able to tune them more to my liking for competitive shooting.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider