JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, edited after. This assumes 10k per

It's interesting to me how different people live, our differing situations and perspectives. One would think that happiness and satisfaction in life would be directly affected by your resources and standard of living, but that's often not the case. There are people living in mud huts in this world who are content and happy with life, and billionaires who are frustrated and miserable.

My gross household income is under six figures. We've spent the better part of a hundred k in the last ten years (after insurance) on my wife's medical trouble, and we're raising four kids, the oldest of which just started college. If you want to talk about financial pressures…

That said, I still have a good life. We get by- we never go hungry, our house is warm and comfortable, and we make time to have fun and enjoy life.

All that, and I'm still able to get out to the range on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong though; my legs do get awful tired and it get tricky at times, what with balancing rifles and ammo across the handlebars of the bicycle…
:D
Most Excellent!

It's interesting to me how different people live, our differing situations and perspectives. One would think that happiness and satisfaction in life would be directly affected by your resources and standard of living, but that's often not the case. There are people living in mud huts in this world who are content and happy with life, and billionaires who are frustrated and miserable.
Can money buy happiness? According to surveys, income over approximately $75k reduces the overall life satisfaction.

Does money buy happiness? No, but it sure makes life easier having it.

So your telling me there is a chance!!! I've been working out of town and haven't had time to pay attention to anything political
I think at this point, it's a matter of voting for the person that is most likely to beat the Kleenex. Here's hoping Johnson strips votes from Kleenex.

OP has inadvertently shown that even with an income twice that of the median HOUSEHOLD income, it's still very easy for your expenses and tastes to increase with the rise in income.
I think this is a pretty common American problem. One of my best friends has a pretty good income, I'd guess between him and his wife at least 250k total. Their kids are grown and on their own. They're at the stage in life where people typically have the most disposable income. He has multiple hobbies- he's a gun guy, and he likes his Harleys and his stock cars more than guns.

We were talking a while back and he made a comment about having to wait for payday to buy a new toy he wanted. He said yup, most of us are really just broke at different levels. Our lifestyles tend to catch up (or exceed) our incomes.

My household income is a fraction of his, and my disposable income an even smaller fraction, but I've learned to keep a financial buffer, so waiting for payday is never something I think about. But then I don't have Harleys or stocks cars, a I drive a 25 year old truck that was paid off 20 years ago.

Sadly price is getting ready to take another climb. On top of that few seem to pay attention. WA has a another big jump in tax coming in a few months. This was put in a while back and the state voted for the idiot who championed it, again. So when that one hits the people who voted for it will again blame people who are not in charge here and have nothing to do with it. 🤬

I have A very large financial investment in my firearms, tens of thousands of dollars. I have carefully stashed a huge supply of ammo & reloading components also.

I used to drive from Portland to the State and Federal Forest two to three time a week to target shoot. I am not fond of local shooting ranges. I like being alone in the woods. Furthermore, I shoot out to 1.5 miles sometimes - good luck finding that kind of shooting range!

I drive a 13mpg jeep. I am deeply saddened because the current price of gas has ruined my favorite retirement pastime! Round trip to the woods usually requires 110 to 190 miles of driving, sometimes more because I simply like driving in the backwoods. I need my jeep because I carry a lot of equipment. An economy vehicle just will not cut it.

WHO can afford these insane gas prices? And I read that gas is going to go up to possibly 10 to 12+ per gallon.

Being retired, I have limited income. My love of shooting was something I looked forward to. Gas prices have ruined my life! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This and the fact that Mt hood is closed has really put a damper on my shooting too

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews