JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL.....I've never gotten close to six figures for an income.

BUT then....because I'm single with no dependents. Yeah. I made too much to qualify for any longer term Government benefit programs and I made just enough so I got NO Covid stimulus money. BUT STILL ENOUGH, to pay through the nose in taxes so that others may benefit from my working years (I'm retired now). Wait.....I should be Thankful to Brandon and the Dems?

Cough, cough.....

You_get....Nothing.jpg

1665001481382.png

Sorry.....
i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS....the gasoline price heat map.

Last Edited:
Define 'senior citizen'. I'm 62 and would make that move in a heartbeat if it got me out of Portland. Besides, if you're planning to use 'the ranch' as a refuge from a war when will it be easier to get there, now or after the fighting has started? If you think gas is high now just wait 'till a war breaks out!
There are no easy answers.
If WWIII expands, even life in a bunker is never going to be like anything ever known to me.
The future will hold nothing more than starvation, disease, predation, lawlessness, hunger, hopelessness, pain, yada,yada,yada.

If WWIII expands, even life in a bunker is never going to be like anything ever known to me.
The future will hold nothing more than starvation, disease, predation, lawlessness, hunger, hopelessness, pain, yada,yada,yada.
Yeah, but there's an upside to it... In a world WORL, we'll be able to use all our "toys" to freely cull the herd of those pesky "predatory animals"... :) ;)

Last Edited:
I think you can overcome your dislike for shooting ranges. Punching holes in paper gets boring.
I like to shoot rifle and pistol matches at the local clubs. I belong to 3 gun clubs plus I shoot matches at
TCGC, DRRC and ERGC. You don't have to be a member to compete. I have met so many interesting shooters
over the past 30 years. Some real characters. I have seen amazing scores from some
of the top shooters in the nation. I find it interesting how well some of the best shooters can do.
My scores have improved learning from more skilled and experienced competitors. The most honest,
down to earth group of guys and gals.
View attachment 1287222
View attachment 1287223
I do prefer to shoot steel. I love the feedback loop, especially at long range, when TOF is many seconds!

It is... I'm not entirely sure if OP is out of touch with the reality of the majority of American household incomes, or intended for the thread to be a troll post.
I included my income not to brag as some have suggested. I stated my income to show that the price of gas hurts everyone, no matter what income. The intention of my post is just to air my dislike of where we are right now as a country. Income is relative - I have neighbors that make 350k a year that are struggling.

Also, one can extrapolate from high fuel prices that it has a negative effect on virtually every aspect of life!

I think we can all agree with your sentiment, costs are rising quickly on many things. The rest of the things you've said are either bad bait, or you need to take a step back and reevaluate yourself.
No bait intended. I'm just a pissed off shooter. Angry with the price of fuel.

As far as re-evaluation goes, I do that every day. I would prefer to do it less, but the world around me keeps changing.

Yeah, but there's an upside to it... In a world WORL, we'll be able to use all our "toys" to freely cull the herd of those pesky "predatory animals"... :) ;)
True. One reason my practice shooting might have practical application.

The only question you have to ask yourself is "do ya feel lucky?". :)

@Xmark1 - I hear you. Gas is very expensive these days. I moved out of Oregon in '21 to Texas. Oregon was too expensive to live in anymore (for me). Gas is still $3 +/- around here, but to go anywhere to visit family its upwards of twice that. Of course, in Texas driving 150 miles is "just down the road" but I haven't looked back.
Lived on the Westside of Portland for 42 years but got very tired of the crud that was going on. In the last 2 full years there I only went into downtown twice. There was no reason to. There was nothing there for me. Politicians only made it worse, and that has not changed a bit.
Do I miss friends and family? Sure but people here are polite and very friendly. Without all of the &&&&.

You don't need advice from me on what you should do. You've made it this far without asking my advice. GL
I agree that the last few years have been difficult, in Portland. I hope new local administrations can improve things. I miss the elk statue that was downtown. I Read yesterday the city thinks it will cost upwards of two million to replace it.
Thank you for your input.

I was curious, and maybe a little bored at work. At $6/gal with a vehicle making 10mpg, you will be paying $2500/yr more in fuel than if you were only paying $3.50 per gallon or $208.33 more per month. This is all based on 10k miles per year.
Book2_015905.jpg

OPEC is cutting production by 2 million barrels.

The legs of our economy are fossil fuel production and utilization. Everything that has to be transported requires fuel to transport it. The FJB administration with the Dept. of Energy (Jennifer Granholm) cut the legs of our country off at the knees. Fuel prices & inflation will not get better until we revert back to Trump's energy and fiscal policies. In fact, things are going to get much, much worse. Emptying our Strategic Oil Reserve is also a matter of national security. Please vote Republican nationally this November as we need to "lame duck" this horrible administration, before it's too late.
I agree! Going green is a nice idea, but we lack the science and infrastructure to attempt it cold turkey.
Our energy independence needs to be reinstated!

I was curious, and maybe a little bored at work. At $6/gal with a vehicle making 10mpg, you will be paying $2500/yr more in fuel than if you were only paying $3.50 per gallon or $208.33 more per month.
View attachment 1287423
Your math does not factor in how much a person drives.
I drive a lot! That changes the annual fuel cost MUCH higher than your figures.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top