JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...policies disincentivizing more fossil fuel production or nationwide refinery capacity have contributed to the price uptick, the analysts said."

I read somewhere recently that 11 refineries have been taken off line or due to government incentives have shifted to production of other chemicals. The price of gas is determined by refinery capacity as much as by the price of crude oil.

Maybe partner up with another shooter and split expenses ?

"...policies disincentivizing more fossil fuel production or nationwide refinery capacity have contributed to the price uptick, the analysts said."

I read somewhere recently that 11 refineries have been taken off line or due to government incentives have shifted to production of other chemicals. The price of gas is determined by refinery capacity as much as by the price of crude oil.

When I become President, 10 new refineries for every State.

Sorry to hear that bud I feel your pain it is getting ridiculous I just don't understand how they can sell me gas at $4.00 a gallon then a week later it's $5.89? Whatever bull crap that the media is feeding these people I ain't buying! I don't understand how there isn't a law set in place that a certain good cannot go up past a certain percentage in a certain amount of time. Meaning I shouldnt be able to up your gas price in such a sort time span. It should happen Incrementally. The problem is once people realized that they can overcharge for gas and people will buy it because we need to get to work then morality goes out the window and people are charging are arm and a leg for what use to be $3 a gallon. Truly ridiculous that it is almost twice as much.
That's called price inelasticity, for those of you scoring at home.

73350D8C-0F2C-42CA-A6FC-7266C1D065E1.png

This isn't going to help us at all.
Saudis have 100% control of the largest refinery in the US.

I don't see that they have control of refineries, but they definitely have control of the oil on the market. Oil prices are currently low, so they're reducing prices to increase prices; supply and demand.

Biden asked for increased production to reduce oil prices, but at the current oil price, it's not going to reduce gas prices.

Is this a troll post?

Fuel isn't going to hit $10+
If you don't like the 10-13mpg jeep, get something different
If you don't like 110-190 mile drives, change it.
130k is more than enough to not do any of these things.
Speaking of a new car or new TRUCK. And, since Brandon and the Left Coast Dems are more or less determined to dictate my purchase.....

Yeah......I was wondering about it.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....don't get me wrong. Because the price of gas has changed since that was published. And, probably the price of elec. power too. But.......wow, I wouldn't want to pay that much at the gas station. And, I'm still not happy with the additional time I'll be spending at the elec. station (If, I chose that route).

@Xmark1 - I hear you. Gas is very expensive these days. I moved out of Oregon in '21 to Texas. Oregon was too expensive to live in anymore (for me). Gas is still $3 +/- around here, but to go anywhere to visit family its upwards of twice that. Of course, in Texas driving 150 miles is "just down the road" but I haven't looked back.
Lived on the Westside of Portland for 42 years but got very tired of the crud that was going on. In the last 2 full years there I only went into downtown twice. There was no reason to. There was nothing there for me. Politicians only made it worse, and that has not changed a bit.
Do I miss friends and family? Sure but people here are polite and very friendly. Without all of the &&&&.

You don't need advice from me on what you should do. You've made it this far without asking my advice. GL

Speaking of a new car or new TRUCK. And, since Brandon and the Left Coast Dems are more or less determined to dictate my purchase.....

Yeah......I was wondering about it.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....don't get me wrong. Because the price of gas has changed since that was published. And, probably the price of elec. power too. But.......wow, I wouldn't want to pay that much at the gas station. And, I'm still not happy with the additional time I'll be spending at the elec. station (If, I chose that route).
At 22+ minutes, I (and I suspect many others here) don't have the time to sit through that on a workday. Wanna give us the Cliff Notes version?

OPEC is cutting production by 2 million barrels.

The legs of our economy are fossil fuel production and utilization. Everything that has to be transported requires fuel to transport it. The FJB administration with the Dept. of Energy (Jennifer Granholm) cut the legs of our country off at the knees. Fuel prices & inflation will not get better until we revert back to Trump's energy and fiscal policies. In fact, things are going to get much, much worse. Emptying our Strategic Oil Reserve is also a matter of national security. Please vote Republican nationally this November as we need to "lame duck" this horrible administration, before it's too late.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top