JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nice to meet all you out there who make this site what it is.

I'm just an average SW Washington chick who is a God fearin', gun lovin', gun learnin' gal. Nothing particularly interesting or special about me to share, or I would.

For gun sake--I own some guns. I pack at least one every day, wherever I go, at home and away. I started into this after some rude awakening encounters... particularly one with a "friendly" neighbor. After a close encounter, vowed I would never stand in front of that guy or any other again without a fair fight, should the need arise. Vowed I would never put a gun in my purse as way of carrying, because I know myself too well to know the purse wouldn't be there when I needed it. I have my children to raise and protect and they are my first priority.

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say on here--looks like a great site!

Thanks Sigman and bkb0000. :)

bkb0000--How I pack and what I pack usually depends on the day and what I'm wearing. I usually only use my own holsters--so ankle and thigh rigs (btw not because I think there aren't other good options out there).
Lately the last 3 or 4 weeks I've been mainly open carrying--but it's been for sort of a test run.

I generally pack one to two guns daily--all day. So I pack 1-2 of the following:

S&W .38 special (my first gun--slightly sentimental but not my favorite. Definately has it's place though and I do like the crimson trace as an added effect)

Springfield XDM .40 (favorite gun I own--but a little beast to carry and can't ankle carry it)

Ruger LCP (BUG--I hate that gun, but it's my most popular seller and I'll take any gun as a BUG. Can't deny it's practical carry size)

Sig P238 (Love it--shooting it, packing it, BUT it's currently on loan to a single mom friend who didn't have money to make a purchase yet)

Sorry for the long answer. Chick Holsters is me if it wasn't long enough for ya. ;)

How about you guys? Any recommendations for hip carry/IWB small of your back style? I've been contemplating a UBG holster but haven't decided yet.

Welcome to NWFA! I'm forwarding your site link to my wife. :s0155:

I prefer strong side IWB carry and would not carry SOB. I have heard that they are not very comfortable if you need to sit down. Also, (and more important to me) SOB just doesn't seem that secure. If someone noticed it and wanted to take it from my SOB holster, they would have more leverage and more ability to take it than I would have to retain it. On my strong side, I can clamp my elbow down or put my hand on it and put enough pressure on it to keep it holstered until I can move away. Dunno, just my 0.02.

For IWB, I would recommend a Milt Sparks VMII. Yeah, they are spendy and the wait is unbelievably long, but they are great. I would prefer to carry my G30 in my VMII than I would carry my G26 in my kydex IWB.

Welcome! It's nice to hear you've taken the initiative in your own defense!

What people that fear guns don't seem to grasp is that when the time comes that a gun is needed there will be no one but themselves to defend themselves and that's what they really should fear.

Hey Chick Holsters...by what you've said so far, it kinda sounds like you might be the thigh-holster, .38 packing young lady I saw and talked to at the Battle Ground Starbucks yesterday with her two handsome, well-behaved kids. Assuming you are, glad to see you found the site and again, way to go on being such a great ambassador for the open-carry re-education movement. Good on ya.

Welcome to NWFA! I'm forwarding your site link to my wife. :s0155:

I prefer strong side IWB carry and would not carry SOB. I have heard that they are not very comfortable if you need to sit down. Also, (and more important to me) SOB just doesn't seem that secure. If someone noticed it and wanted to take it from my SOB holster, they would have more leverage and more ability to take it than I would have to retain it. On my strong side, I can clamp my elbow down or put my hand on it and put enough pressure on it to keep it holstered until I can move away. Dunno, just my 0.02.

For IWB, I would recommend a Milt Sparks VMII. Yeah, they are spendy and the wait is unbelievably long, but they are great. I would prefer to carry my G30 in my VMII than I would carry my G26 in my kydex IWB.

Thanks MarkSBG--and hey if you're wife ever wanted a chick holster, don't let her buy one.... let me know directly first. I didn't agree to the prices listed unless I was able to give some kind of discounts. Just don't tell any of the fellas on my end I told you so. ;)

Awesome, I'll look into the Milt Sparks. You know I've gone back and forth and I just don't know if I would use a IWB or any hip area holster enough to justify purchasing them. Open carry for me may possibly be a temporary thing. And if I'm concealing, there are just too few clothing articles that I own that can cover any of my guns well enough, without making it look like I have a tumor growing on my side. So if I do purchase one... I want it to be a worthy purchase. I appreciate your input there.

And I agree with the SOB not being my first choice for access. Though neither is the ankle and I do wear it a lot.

Again, thanks for your .02--that's what I'm looking for.

rdb241, Trlsmn and Gdog426--Thank you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the good kind of friendly and encouraging people. That goes to all of you out there.

Hey Chick Holsters...by what you've said so far, it kinda sounds like you might be the thigh-holster, .38 packing young lady I saw and talked to at the Battle Ground Starbucks yesterday with her two handsome, well-behaved kids. Assuming you are, glad to see you found the site and again, way to go on being such a great ambassador for the open-carry re-education movement. Good on ya.

Hey it's you-- And yes you guessed it, I'm her. Though as I do recall... my children weren't on their best behavior (however thanks for excusing them). :) I have you to thank for finding this site. As I said, I'd heard it mentioned but hadn't taken the time for it and forgotten all about it. So thank you.

And again the encouragement for the open carry goes a long way to my otherwise insecure personality--thanks for that too. It really goes against my grain for public attention, so I still inwardly cringe when someone talks to me in fear they're going to freak out and I'll be the cause of a public scene. It's always nice finding friends in small places.

Drew and jmh119, thank you. I feel so welcomed. I just love northwesterner gun folks. You're all so nice, it's about as refreshing as the air up here.

You rock! I will be showing your site to my wife very soon. she has and carries a S&W 642 38 with Crimson Trace grips. She will welcome your holster ideas.
Thanks and Welcome to the site.
Bruce

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews