JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The wife did an extended "tryout" of all the popular single stacks at Safe Fire indoor range Camas.
This went on for a couple of months !
She settled on G43.

I was able to find a Vickers Edition G43 when she was ready to buy.

Never liked the shield. My wife had one and sold it. The Glock 43x or 48 are the best "compact" pistols for carry in my opinion. Although I still carry my Glock 45 on a regular basis as well. I only carry Glocks so I am a bit biased. On the plus side shields didn't hold their resale value so you should be able to pick one up for cheap.

I'm a M&P guy, but EDC a G48. I prefer the ergo's of the Shield to the 43/48. Unfortunately, Smith & Wesson doesn't currently offer a Shield with the dimensions of a Glock 48 (fullsize grip and 4in barrel). If or when they do, then I'll switch back to S&W.

The Shield plus with a 4in barrel is really close though. Just extend the frame to match the 13rd mag.....I'll continue to "struggle on"with my G48. Lol

Ruger has me considering that Max 9 they come optics ready for around $480! I need to rent it first before I want to make that commitment. I'm still waiting on my back ordered shield arms mags in my opinion Glock 43x has the best ergo that I've tried to far great shooting gun even though it only holds 10 oem. If you are a fan of the shield list your 43 and buy a shield plus they have them for $550. Glock 43 is a great gun it's a Glock I'm just a capacity whore.

43x/48 with a 15rd SA mag is the perfect CC. Funny, since I was a holdout and felt my G19 was great as is. Got the 43x just because, but figuring it would probably sit in a drawer. Turned out to be my favorite go-to CC. I've since handled all the competitors, and don't care for any of them.

Ruger has me considering that Max 9 they come optics ready for around $480! I need to rent it first before I want to make that commitment. I'm still waiting on my back ordered shield arms mags in my opinion Glock 43x has the best ergo that I've tried to far great shooting gun even though it only holds 10 oem. If you are a fan of the shield list your 43 and buy a shield plus they have them for $550. Glock 43 is a great gun it's a Glock I'm just a capacity whore.
I don't think I'm going to be doing any more selling. At least for the time being. You can make me an offer if you'd like, but I'm not going to list it. Purchasing is the priority. Ammo and whatever decent firearms I can get my hands on, as long as they aren't priced egregiously. Honestly, I regret everything I've sold this year, with the exception of my kimbers.
If anything I'll buy another shield.

Last Edited:
The wife did an extended "tryout" of all the popular single stacks at Safe Fire indoor range Camas.
This went on for a couple of months !
She settled on G43.

I was able to find a Vickers Edition G43 when she was ready to buy.
Playing that game with the girl right now. Have a Shield 9 and a G43, I like the G43 but I'm Glock biased. Walther PPS is next on the list.

I prefer my Kimber Evo to the G43 I built my wife...but hers is definitely prettier. I get pinched by the trigger when shooting it...an issue that she doesn't seem to have, so...good thing it's hers!

Sold mine years ago. Rocking out a DB9. No regerts.
My wife and both daughters have Glock 43s and it was the one gun they all felt comfortable shooting. I sometimes carry my wife's in the summer when wearing shorts and just running to the store. I have it in my pocket in a pocket holster, very convenient and easily concealed. Much more convenient than strapping on the Glock 23 or 19 I usually carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top