JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live for mountain & rock climbing. I like it even more than I like guns, which surprises me still. I broke my leg last Thanksgiving in a fall, so I'm kinda out of the game for a while, but I have guns to keep me entertained until I can run and climb again.

Oh lame. You get out of the area, or just local climbing?

I'm a poor man, so I have to stay local... but I try to get on our local alpinish lines as often as I can. I also had a climbing accident on Jeff's Jeff Park route last July and broke my shoulder... I redirected my climbing energy into cycling while I healed up, but a buddy posted a pic of iRock yesterday that's got me itchy to swing the ice tools again. It's still pretty fat.

You and me both. I think I've gained 6lbs or so since Thanksgiving, not because I'm eating worse, just that I'm not really getting any cardio exercise. It's killing me. Especially when all my friends are off climbing cool stuff every weekend like I used to. I'm trying not to fret since I know I will lose the weight and ramp right back up to where I was as soon as I can, but I gotta keep from reinjuring myself. I had to cancel my Mt. Whitney climb this June, which stinks since we've been planning that for months. I'm hoping to make the Portland Marathon in October, but that may be a lofty goal. We'll see.

I climb mostly in Washington, Oregon, and California. I hate flying, so I drive wherever I climb. I haven't yet tried ice climbing. I was starting to push from sport to trad when I broke myself. Now I'll probably have to restart at 5.6 top rope ughh!

I DID finally catch some gorge ice this winter, though...

In no other sport (and region!) must one work so hard to have so much fun in such a short window. I swear I'm going to move to Utah someday.

1622687_10100217222211746_662671423_n.jpg

That was Mist Falls - kind of an obscure, set back line just west of Wahkeena Falls. We'd really wanted to get on Crown Jewel, the falls under Crown Point, but a couple other guys drank less than we did the night before and were already halfway up by the time we got into the gorge.

No..... I've got some acquaintances that do the Mazama thing, I do not. I like to eat my alpine pie without so much cliquey social conformity.

But Mazamas usually really love being Mazamas, and I'm super happy for them.... so don't take this as a dissuasion from getting involved (or being, if you're already a member). It just ain't for me.

I just started doing it on my own. I'd made some big career/salary changes, and suddenly found myself with the ability to buy stuff and take time off, and wanted to put it to good use. I convinced some friends to get involved with me, so I'd have some support (none of which have continued to climb), and eventually made friends of experienced climbers, and just got out as much as I could.

Mazamas can be a quite cliquey at times, but I've met so many epic climbers that I've totally drank the kool-aid. We should climb some stuff when my leg gets better. Or go shoot some stuff now!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top