JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bayonets? I think the last combat use of the bayonet was in the Falklands War unless you count what various third world countries do to civilians. I wasn't even issued a bayonet when I was in Afghanistan. The military AUGs have a lug that clamps around the barrel to mount a bayonet but only on the 20 inch barreled models.

We still trained with bayonets with the SA80 (L85A1)
In fact I remember an incident where a bayonet snapped during bayonet fighting training and everyone was so fired up that the individual carried on "fighting" with his shovel.

I don't know if I'd trust having the breach RIGHT next to my face. In the event of a catastrophic failure. I also hear that the "L85A2" was plagued with problems and fell apart easy under a few hundred rounds or so?

Anyhow, for the right price I would buy one for my collections sake, but not for Survivals sake. :)

Sweet!!! Thanks Ian.

The A1 had a bunch of problems to start. Nothing catastrophic like a breech explosion, but plastic parts breaking off. I remember the very early ones with the magazine catch which was hinged at the end instead of in the middle and we'd arrive after running a couple clicks at the start of a platoon attack with no magazine!
That was fixed real quick.

Feedback on the A2 has been pretty good from what I hear.

Never heard of any falling apart. There were certainly issues with stoppages in certain conditions, but no more so than any other battle rifle. That's why you train, so stoppages are just a drill (like a magazine change is a stoppage drill) and you move on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top