JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally finished picking out parts for my wife's SBR. The final estimated length of the rifle when complete is... 24 inches. I pulled a tape measure out to that length, shouldered it and came out of my office to show her. "Honey look!" *snicker* "This is how big yours's is going to be!" *WHEEZE* Oh she was mad. After further reading on the Form 1 they want the stock in the EXTENDED position... ok 27 inches. I'm a 6' 5" 290 pound guy... I think I'm going to name her gun the "Noisy Cricket." If anyone is curious, 12.5" barrel. Though she wanted an 11.5. When we get it engraved I may also get a little swan put on the receiver with the text "Cygnet-SBR"

We put money down on a Sig Tread M400 for me last week. Despite that it looks like we are building out the second receiver as an SBR anyway. "Might as well get it done before we can't do it at all." My wife feels that we should do a 14.5" barrel for the second SBR, and while the linear compensator we selected for it will take the total length longer than 16" we won't need to pin & weld so we can swap out the barrel accessory later on. Going to need a good name for this one, I was thinking Workhorse or Stallion... not sure yet. Another Form1 on the horizon...

I giggled a bit submitting an SBS 12 gauge.

Barrel length…

6F705F44-4C96-47D2-841B-39D2C67FD3F7.jpeg

I have one and I've considered a similar project. But maybe around six inches of barrel past the shell face. IDK, it was my dads shotgun and he had it chopped years ago so it doesn't really hold any value past sentimental.
Nothing more fun than a SBS double barrel.

Lol, so true. I usually stick to mini shells too as even bulk Walmart 7.5/8 shot stuff hurts!
Do not try a Remington slug. I repeat, do not try a Remington slug. I did not make this error. But I watched someone make this error after attempting to tell them not to do so repeatedly.

Do not try a Remington slug. I repeat, do not try a Remington slug. I did not make this error. But I watched someone make this error after attempting to tell them not to do so repeatedly.
I've only done a 3" buckshot load once. I rested it tight into my hip. Thought I broke myself.

There's my two CLEO Form1 copies and a cover letter getting ready for a trip to the post office. One is my wife's 27" (cygnet) the other is my 34.25" (workhorse) though the workhorse is getting a 16" barrel until its 14.5" is approved. Because we're doing a trust have to send copies of the .23 for evey firearm...
On the bright side, I was able to inform and ask my brother today if he would be willing to take control of the trust should my wife and I pass before our children are of age and maturity to handle firearms.

Finally the envelopes are signed letters to my state level representatives and senator.

20230121_112801.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads