JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to be a grammar nazi, but you spelled "butt" wrong... :)

I don't care for Walmart myself, mostly because it's so stinking crowded. As if it wasn't bad enough, they pack more junk into the already crowded isles so there's no place to walk. My wife shops there a lot, but for groceries we go to Winco, and every once in a while Costco.

The Walmart model is how all big corporations seem to be going. Cheap, cheap, cheap is the name of the game. Screw the employee, screw the customer if you can, profits for the shareholder is the only thing that matters to the company, and the next bonus and promotion are the only things that matter for the corporate ladder climbers. Must be what business schools preach nowadays. Pride in your work? Treating people fairly? Loyalty and value for your employees? Actually striving to be the best and provide the best product and/or service? What are those thing? Screw all that, it's profit, profit, profit. Mediocrity is great, as long as it makes a profit. :( Yeah, my company did that to us. I'm not bitter...
Winco rocks if you shop early like 7am

Slightly off track; If one is being crapped on by their employer, then move on. If your worthwhile, you will find another job, and it will be their loss. If you are not worthwhile, maybe you deserve the crap. I've worked for some pretty crummy employers over the last 3/4 of a century, but I cannot remember anyone forcing me to work for them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The only thing an employer owes an employee is a day's pay for a day's work, and vice versa. If you don't like it, you can move on.

BUT, that's a whole lot easier to do when you're young. Once you've got 20 years invested with what was a great company, along with all the perks like lots of vacation and such, it's a whole lot harder. Especially when you've worked your way to an income level such that another job that would pay the bills would entail uprooting the whole family and moving. I know rationally that they don't legally owe me anything, but I think I've earned the right to gripe about it a little, especially with the underhanded, dishonest way they've gone about it.

Costco is what i was referring to. Largest and 2nd largest retailers in the country. Sams club is a better comparison, but we dont have em yet.

I've heard that Costco is a good place to work, that they pay decently and take care of their people. I've also heard that if you're not a hard worker you won't last long there. :) Seems like a pretty good business model.

I've heard that Costco is a good place to work, that they pay decently and take care of their people. I've also heard that if you're not a hard worker you won't last long there. :) Seems like a pretty good business model.

I have never been so employed, but I know my mother-in-law, in post-retirement, worked there for a spell to finance her various hobbies, and for social purposes. She reported what you said. Though, granted, this was many years ago shortly after I wed my beloved, so have no new information.

Never seen any reloading stuff in a Salem Walmart in the last 10 years. I could be wrong I rarely enter one. Not because I have some weird dislike of a business but because we shop at Safeway which is where the wife works.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The only thing an employer owes an employee is a day's pay for a day's work, and vice versa. If you don't like it, you can move on.

BUT, that's a whole lot easier to do when you're young. Once you've got 20 years invested with what was a great company, along with all the perks like lots of vacation and such, it's a whole lot harder. Especially when you've worked your way to an income level such that another job that would pay the bills would entail uprooting the whole family and moving. I know rationally that they don't legally owe me anything, but I think I've earned the right to gripe about it a little, especially with the underhanded, dishonest way they've gone about it.
Why does walmart take your license number when you buy ammo?

Why does walmart take your license number when you buy ammo?

I've never worked at Walmart so I really wouldn't know, but I've had them ask to see my license, and other times just ask for my date of birth. I don't think they're taking your license number down, just your date of birth.

I've never been asked for my license number.

Also, I found Walmart prices are cheaper in Hood River compared to Woodvillage prices as far as Hornady bullets go.

It's not that I don't like Walmart's in and of themselves... it's the booger eatin', mouth-breathers and their water-headed spawn running around like yapping angry chihuahuas slathering their effluvia all over everything that exponentially reduces my visits there.

o_O:rolleyes::s0125:
That pretty well sums it up for me. When Wally first hit I loved the place. Great prices and all kinds of stuff. The "help" often left a LOT to be desired. Now I rarely will set foot in one and normally when I do I leave thinking, "why did I do that again".:mad:

I've never worked at Walmart so I really wouldn't know, but I've had them ask to see my license, and other times just ask for my date of birth. I don't think they're taking your license number down, just your date of birth.
Have not bought in a long time but if it's as it used to be it is the DOB they are looking for. I used to buy .22 ammo there. The register would ask them "is this for a hand gun?" If so "is customer over 21?" Since I knew what it was doing when the machine would beep at them and the clerk would stop, trying to read the screen, I would say "yes it's for a hand gun and yes I am over 21". Most of them would just smile and finish the sale. Now and then one would ask for ID because they were told to do so even when someone who was easy to see twice at least the age, they were told to check <shrug>

I cant stand the place. It so happens i work for their main competitor (not amazon, talking actual stores). But i dont like their track record of how they poorly "take care of" their employees. I also walk out irritated almost every tine i go in
My condolences, Target can be just as bad in its own ways but after the Big Two have run all the mom-n-pops and the smaller big-boxes out of business whatcha gonna do...

Many who work for Walmart are probably happy to have a job; and customers are happy to get what they want for less $$.

Walmart's virtue-signaling is a bunch of crap, but Target's may be worse:

That one cost them a lot. When they announced they wanted to do it I could not figure out how anyone thought it would work and not blow up in their face.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top