JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at the show in Clark County today...a wasted $8 unless you wanted Chinese "tacticool" gear, Samurai swords, or wasabi peanuts...

I came to a table where a guy has a Glock 17 Gen 2. Beat to hell and back Gen 2. LOTS of frame and slide wear. One mag and no box. He was asking $500.00 and a guy was about to buy it after being told how hard Glocks are to find...(Gen 3's are $499 at NW Armory and they have a TON of them) and how this was a steal at $500.00 because Glocks go for about $750.00 new "if you can find them.."

Buyer beware I guess. No scruples I know for sure.

A shop in Bend has more used Glocks than they know what to do with. I ALMOST offered them $300 for a nice G-17 they had only because a cousin of mine wants one. I am sure they will take it.

The last Falcon show in Port Angeles a dealer sold a young lady who didn't have a clue a pos 38 rg for the price of a S&W. Her father came back the next day and demanded a refund which was refused. The deal was so bad that dealers at the next tables trash talked the seller but he wouldn't budge. Gun shows are now the biggest den of thieves you will enter.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug! Where is the white leather couch and muddy boots. I hate gun shows.

Seems like over the last few years gun shows have sucked.
Like it or not I have seen a direct correlation between the increase of interest in guns as defensive/survival and the decline in the quality of gun shows. It used to be gun shows were more diverse with a lot of the interest in hunting, sporting and target shooting and resulting in many vendors having a variety of 'traditional' guns and related items on display with the AR & AK vendors there but not with any dominance. Now it seems the 'traditional' aspect of gunshows has been replaced with this new interest and direction and quite frankly I miss the 'old days' of gunshows and find this new direction somewhat disturbing a not what I consider a good 'sign'.

Dang, I really have been wanting wasabi peanuts, no kidding. In my opinion Gun shows were boring before AK's and AR's, all about what you're interested in. I can look at 500 hunting rifles and sporting shotguns and they all seem the same to me, I'm just now getting more into bolt guns and the differences. I don't see what's disturbing about people being interested in AK's and AR's... Except if they buy the old Chinese AK I'm hunting for currently

i'm thinking it would be interesting to have a 80/20 rule at just one show to see what it would be like. 80% metal 20% plastic wood not counting in either category. just a thought lol.

I'm tired of coming home from gun shows after paying $10 at the door to look at overpriced ammo, accessories, and overpriced guns and nothing to show for it. I figure when the tide turns, if it ever does, word will get out that they are worth going to again.

There isn't much to be made for a Promoter with table costs, it's the head count/admission where they make their money (+ parking at some shows). Stop going and both Promoter and Table Gouger will be forced to adapt or die.

At most of the gun shows I've gone to lately the prices on used guns have been ridiculous. Generic used 10-22's are almost always priced higher than you can buy a new one at BiMart for some reason. When we go to shows we're looking for certain guns that I collect and know more than a little about, when the price is way out of line I usually ask about it just for the bs story that's sure to follow.

I was at the show in Clark County today...a wasted $8 unless you wanted Chinese "tacticool" gear, Samurai swords, or wasabi peanuts...

I came to a table where a guy has a Glock 17 Gen 2. Beat to hell and back Gen 2. LOTS of frame and slide wear. One mag and no box. He was asking $500.00 and a guy was about to buy it after being told how hard Glocks are to find...(Gen 3's are $499 at NW Armory and they have a TON of them) and how this was a steal at $500.00 because Glocks go for about $750.00 new "if you can find them.."

Buyer beware I guess. No scruples I know for sure.

And now you know why I think all gun shows these days are complete bovine scatology.

The last Falcon show in Port Angeles a dealer sold a young lady who didn't have a clue a pos 38 rg for the price of a S&W. Her father came back the next day and demanded a refund which was refused. The deal was so bad that dealers at the next tables trash talked the seller but he wouldn't budge. Gun shows are now the biggest den of thieves you will enter.

Pays to know prices before buying at a show or anywhere else for that matter. Can't place the blame anywhere else but the buyer in his case.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top