Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I knew I'd heard it somewhere before!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jamie6.5, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Green energy! Green jobs! We must do more for the planet! Demand corporate social responsibility!!!
    Sound familiar?
    Planet Gore - National Review Online <---LINKY
    And if obama has his way, the country will go the way of enron.

2. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

Try bubbleguming about green energy to the farmers and ranchers in eastern Oregon getting rich off of wind generators.

3. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

And how would they be doing that?
    By collecting rent on leases funded with YOUR tax dollars indirectly through dotgov subsidies on "green energy".

Having trouble connecting the dots are ya?

4. BrentN

BrentN Kelso Active Member

Sustainable = tax subidies. Bummer of a realization. But not just taxes. My county pud (noun, not acronym) thought it was a great idea to invest in wind and sell the excess power to CA. This has not panned out so well (CA not paying their bills , trying to pass laws against purchasing out-of-state power), so now the ratepayers are seeing an instant 17% increase in electrical rates to cover the costs. See www.cowlitzpud.org/pdf/FAQ on Rates 10-26-2011.pdf for more boring details. Read it to find out how excess electricity means higher rates. Ha, the clown didn't even need to pass C&T to see energy prices "necessarily skyrocket".

5. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Sling Blade
    Try bubbleguming about green energy to the farmers and ranchers in eastern Oregon getting rich off of wind generators.
    Obviously, the money to make power comes from somewhere. If it is not from the power companies it is from taxes. Money out of the pocket either way.