JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
S&W Victory or Ruger 22/45 or Browning Buckmark... just sayin. :p;):D

Tho I do like the Taurus products wife and I have, except that damn mouse gun, I see I won't be buying a TX22.

Mind posting a picture? My rifling is ugly but I can't complain about the accuracy

No easy task as I just found out. Not sure if you can really see from these.
IMG_20201204_145521618.jpg
IMG_20201204_145609874_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201204_145626226.jpg

Here is my practical accuracy off hand at around 12 yards.
IMG_20201204_145328363.jpg

Mine has been flawless and accurate with any ammo I put in it . Probably got 10000 rounds through it.
Mine has been an absolutely enjoyable pistol. I like it so much I sold off the other 22lr pistols, minus the revolvers, so that this is my only semi in the caliber. I've probably got close to 25k through it, slowing this year mostly due to limiting myself in 22 plinking.
I have encouraged folks to buy the TX22, just because mine operates and shoots so wonderfully.
the first 50 or so were all over the paper, but after that groups started to tighten up.

I love hearing these things. Hopefully mine will get there too, whether it needs another barrel, or just a few mores rounds through it. As I said, I really do like the feel of the gun, and it cycles like a million bucks.

I'll give it another chance. 3 magazines through it offhand right at dusk isn't really enough for a fair evaluation. It would be nice if they would just send me another barrel (if it needs it) rather than having to go through the hassle of returning the whole gun. I'll go out again hopefully this weekend and take several types of ammo, give it a good workout.

I've always been a big fan of Ruger .22 pistols, have a couple Standards and a Mark 2. I have untold thousands of rounds through my original Standard. I bought this TX22 just because it has a very different feel to it.

As to the quality of machining in the chamber and bore, mine isn't what I'd consider particularly bad, but it's not what I'd call good either. I've worked as a machinist in the distant past, and I expected to see clean, smooth machining. This isn't that. Under a loupe it's not pretty, especially the chamber, but I have seen worse that still shot fine.

Just my .22 cents. I only own one Taurus, a 9mm 92 AF. Seems to be as reliable as my Beretta 92FS. That being said, I did purchase the Beretta AFTER the Taurus, you know, just in case.

I've been happy with mine so far. The factory 3 dot setup does not work for me. At first, I blacked out the rear with a sharpie and changed out the front to a TK FO front sight.

While I could acquire the front sight easier and it was much better than the stock front, the FO was too big for my taste.

I did some reading on the web and found out that a Glock front sight can be modded to work. The front sight holes are very similar but not exact. The TX22 hole is slightly narrower and thinner than the Glock sight.

I bought a DP Glock FO front sight (my preferred brand) for FO front sights. I got one that was as close to the TX22 sight in height that they had. After spending some time fitting it to the slide, I took it out for a test run.

The DP sight is night and day better for me ( the FO dot size is .040 vs .078 for the TK) I'm currently working on getting the width fitted. Once that is complete, I'll give it another go. If my front sight project fails to meet my standards, I look at mounting a red dot on it via the rear sight.

I love hearing these things. Hopefully mine will get there too, whether it needs another barrel, or just a few mores rounds through it. As I said, I really do like the feel of the gun, and it cycles like a million bucks.

I'll give it another chance. 3 magazines through it offhand right at dusk isn't really enough for a fair evaluation. It would be nice if they would just send me another barrel (if it needs it) rather than having to go through the hassle of returning the whole gun. I'll go out again hopefully this weekend and take several types of ammo, give it a good workout.

I've always been a big fan of Ruger .22 pistols, have a couple Standards and a Mark 2. I have untold thousands of rounds through my original Standard. I bought this TX22 just because it has a very different feel to it.

As to the quality of machining in the chamber and bore, mine isn't what I'd consider particularly bad, but it's not what I'd call good either. I've worked as a machinist in the distant past, and I expected to see clean, smooth machining. This isn't that. Under a loupe it's not pretty, especially the chamber, but I have seen worse that still shot fine.

If it needs a new barrel they will just send you a new barrel in the mail and there is no need to send the piston in unless it is a different issue. Made it pretty nice when they did that with my barrel issue and I didn't even have to send back the old one.

I bought one last weekend just to keep in the work truck for um, official business, LOL. I've fired close to 200 rounds with no issues. I've only shot it with my suppressor attached. I have noticed that with the suppressor attached that the barrel will wiggle a little while the slide stays still while in battery. The sights are attached to the slide and the bullet goes out the barrel so some accuracy loss is going to be inherit. I have a few other precision 22lr pistols and only bought this as to keep in my work truck for slow times at work, lol. It's a cheap gun and I didn't expect much but have been impressed with its reliability. I sure hope the OP receives a new barrel to help his key-holing situation.

1/10 has issues? That's terrible by ANY product standards........

Mainly they have very poor quality control, if any! Good inspections would catch issues like that, I used to be a QC inspector for Rocketdyne in Canoga Park, CA now known as North American Rockwell. Also for a bolt producer Known as Valley Bolt Corp. in Sylmar.
I inspected tons of bolts there, and know what I'm talking about.
Hell a trained monkey with a bore scope could spot those crappy rifling jobs! They just need to do their jobs making sure their product is up to snuff.
I sure won't buy their products! Who needs the hassle of finding their junk for THEM, instead of them finding it themselves
Gabby

Gun Test Magazine tried the TX-22 and loved them. While I haven't tried the TX-22, the other Taurus pistols I've had have been fine. The latest addition has been the PT-1911, and, so far anyway, it has been a joy. Unlike the Kimber Custom 1911 (no, not a "custom'' 1911, that is just what Kimber called the piles of s'crap) which cost twice as much when I ordered it, and had an off the charts trigger pull, extractor hook not cut, junk (typical of Kimber mags) mag that didn't feed anything, casting flaws all over it, rusted as soon as I took it out of the box, etc., etc. No way on God's Green Earth will anyone convince me Kimber ever test fired the gun! And from what I've seen, ANY gun!

As to "buy Henry", I'm not sure if that post was supposed to be a joke or not. The AR-7 GUN TEST Mag and I both got were junk! The difference was, Henry repaired their AR-7, and mine is still trash after going back to the factory. Well sure, they took a rat-tailed file to the chamber and now it shoots 2 rounds and jams, which is an improvement over the original "feed one jam 9", or if only two were in the mag "feed one/ jam one". Got tired of sending it back to Henry. Yes I tried other mags that worked in Charter Arms AR-7s (which once Charter Arms worked the bugs out of it, worked excellently), but nothing would do more than "feed one/jam", or now "feed two/jam" in the one I have. I don't care if Hannity pushes the junk guns, they won't (or can't) fix mine, which is all I care about!

As to the Taurus "infamous customer service/repair dept", obviously you haven't tried Ruger or Lee Precision Reloading repair departments! I'd put money up that either of them are as bad, or worse, than Taurus CS/repair! Or the repair depts at Ithaca, or S&W, or Colt, or....

Last Edited:
Gun Test Magazine tried the TX-22 and loved them. While I haven't tried the TX-22, the other Taurus pistols I've had have been fine. The latest addition has been the PT-1911, and, so far anyway, it has been a joy. Unlike the Kimber Custom 1911 (no, not a "custom'' 1911, that is just what Kimber called the piles of s'crap) which cost twice as much when I ordered it, and had an off the charts trigger pull, extractor hook not cut, junk (typical of Kimber mags) mag that didn't feed anything, casting flaws all over it, rusted as soon as I took it out of the box, etc., etc. No way on God's Green Earth will anyone convince me Kimber ever test fired the gun! And from what I've seen, ANY gun!

As to "buy Henry", I'm not sure if that post was supposed to be a joke or not. The AR-7 GUN TEST Mag and I both got were junk! The difference was, Henry repaired their AR-7, and mine is still trash after going back to the factory. Well sure, they took a rat-tailed file to the chamber and now it shoots 2 rounds and jams, which is an improvement over the original "feed one jam 9", or if only two were in the mag "feed one/ jam one". Got tired of sending it back to Henry. Yes I tried other mags that worked in Charter Arms AR-7s (which once Charter Arms worked the bugs out of it, worked excellently), but nothing would do more than "feed one/jam", or now "feed two/jam" in the one I have. I don't care if Hannity pushes the junk guns, they won't (or can't) fix mine, which is all I care about!

As to the Taurus "infamous customer service/repair dept", obviously you haven't tried Ruger or Lee Precision Reloading repair departments! I'd put money up that either of them are as bad, or worse, than Taurus CS/repair! Or the repair depts at Ithaca, or S&W, or Colt, or....
My experiences with ruger customer service were amazing. FWIW, they were responsive and helped in spades. I needed a new part, they sent me 6 free. I had them in a day or 2.

I actually have a few henry levers which I really, really like. While I am currently selling one, it is a caliber that is not conducive to my shooting style and will probably be used to fund another Henry actually. The gun is fantastic.

I am happy for you. You got good service from Ruger. Everything I sent back has been screwed up, scratched to hell, and generally made a mess of by Ruger, then they told me to pound sand when I requested they fix what they screwed up.

A buddy has a Henry .22 lever gun he bought used. Amazing gun! That still does not mean the Henry repair service is not one of the worst in the industry. OK, for every "my service was amazing!" anyone can come up with, I bet I can find a dozen "worst service ever!" Go talk to a bunch of gunsmiths who send guns back to the factory for factory repair under warranty and see what THEY say. Yes there are good factory repair departments, but Ruger and Henry aren't one of them.

I am happy for you. You got good service from Ruger. Everything I sent back has been screwed up, scratched to hell, and generally made a mess of by Ruger, then they told me to pound sand when I requested they fix what they screwed up.

A buddy has a Henry .22 lever gun he bought used. Amazing gun! That still does not mean the Henry repair service is not one of the worst in the industry. OK, for every "my service was amazing!" anyone can come up with, I bet I can find a dozen "worst service ever!" Go talk to a bunch of gunsmiths who send guns back to the factory for factory repair under warranty and see what THEY say. Yes there are good factory repair departments, but Ruger and Henry aren't one of them.
Well I have dealt with ruger twice, I got good service both times. Your attitude is odd as I have heard lots of positives from both companies you maligned. In general, most customer service experience will get talked about less when they made right, but I did have to send a gun back to Ruger for replacement. Sent a real disaster of a gun, got a good one in return. I am not that lucky.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top