JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I don't want emails alerts. The alerts at the top of the page are plenty. I've looked at preferences and I don't have any of the boxes checked for email alerts.

*sigh*

Still getting emails. :rolleyes:

Found the FOURTH place where there are settings that affect this (Contact Details):

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 11.02.05 AM.png

Unchecked the three there that are shown unchecked now. Hopefully this will stop the unwanted emails. Sheesh! How come there are so many different places that it uses to do the same thing??:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That's where they've been coming from. Got it!

I found it as a link in the email.

The number of emails has decreased, but I was still getting some. I am not going to bother going back thru the deleted emails and analyzing them (most are probably gone anyway), but I am betting with all the different places those settings are, that there were at least some duplicate emails that got sent out.

Upvote 0
In the grand scheme of things, a couple three emails from time to time isn't worth sweating over for me.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for keeping a tally on these guys. Once we figure everything out I'll create a 'how to stop the emails' thread with all this info.

To answer the question as to why there are so many, and why there are so many places where they need to be disabled, it's because we use several different addons here (all with controls in their own individual places). Once I have all the info I'll look to see if we can somehow unify these settings into one place to make it easier. To my knowledge there is an unsubscribe button at the bottom of all emails we send, which should definitely unsubscribe you from that particular email notification 'type'.

Upvote 0
Well, at least I'm not the only one. :) It's not that big of a deal. Not like when I was getting 7-15 when I'd check my email in the mornings.

Is THAT all? Oftentimes I have 60-80 alerts for
"this and that" at the top of the page when I check in randomly.... during the recent website update I was getting a corresponding email for each and every alert!! :eek:

Upvote 0
I had four emails this morning that I was being quoted, yesterday. I checked where you showed to in Contact Details and the box was unchecked? o_O

It's still not that big of deal. I usually have a bunch of other things to delete every morning anyway.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top