JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I don't want emails alerts. The alerts at the top of the page are plenty. I've looked at preferences and I don't have any of the boxes checked for email alerts.

I don't want emails alerts. The alerts at the top of the page are plenty. I've looked at preferences and I don't have any of the boxes checked for email alerts.

It is under preferences not alert preferences:

IMG_2548.PNG IMG_2549.PNG

Upvote 0
Well, at least I'm not the only one. :) It's not that big of a deal. Not like when I was getting 7-15 when I'd check my email in the mornings.

Upvote 0
Hmm, let me look into this. We don't want to be sending emails to folks who don't want them :)

Which emails are they (what do they say)?

Upvote 0
the ones I get are threads I may have posted in days ago but no longer want to follow; mostly they do cease once I do the 'disable' routine

"Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners
41mag, Joe Link replied to a thread you are watching at Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners.

To reply, click the 'View This Thread' link below and type your response."

I have another couple smaller issues now resident since last update awhile back.
I can post here if you like or give PM details, your choice.

Upvote 0
the ones I get are threads I may have posted in days ago but no longer want to follow; mostly they do cease once I do the 'disable' routine

"Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners
41mag, Joe Link replied to a thread you are watching at Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners.

To reply, click the 'View This Thread' link below and type your response."

I have another couple smaller issues now resident since last update awhile back.
I can post here if you like or give PM details, your choice.

Go ahead and shoot me a PM. It might be a while before I can take a look, but I'll get to it :)

Upvote 0
Hmm, let me look into this. We don't want to be sending emails to folks who don't want them :)

Aw geeze Joe. Can't think of one now... okay.... Some will tell me someone has posted to a thread I've responded to. Intermittently. I get them when I have a private message....That's not often and doesn't bother me. My morning routine is to look at emails/weather first and then come here. None of them BOTHER me, really. It's just I shouldn't be getting them. I get one the reads "Watched threads". I guess I get that when I've let a thread I've posted on slide down and off the page. I'm guessing that one is just to let me know of threads I hadn't stayed active in case I want to catch up/post in it?

It's not that big of deal. With what you have going on I figure it should be rather low on the priority list. :) But thanks.

Upvote 0
Try this guys.

Click the link below to view all the threads you watch. You can also access this page by clicking Watched Threads, scrolling down to the bottom of the thread list, and clicking the Show all watched threads link.

<broken link removed>

This page will tell you which ones send an email along with an alert. Select the threads you don't want emails for using the check boxes to the left of the threads, then select Disable Email Notification in the Manage Watched Threads dropdown (top right above the thread list). This should disable the emails for those threads.

I think the option in preferences to not receive emails is only for future watched threads.

Upvote 0
Cripes JOE! I have 70 pages of watched threads!! :eek: I don't get enough of those emails to wanna mess with un-watching, say, 40 pages. :cool: Besides, someone may drag up a post I started, or was VERY active in, and I wouldn't see the little "eye" off to the side to know I should maybe look at the thread?

Thanx Joe.....Back to the more important thing for you!

Upvote 0
Cripes JOE! I have 70 pages of watched threads!! :eek: I don't get enough of those emails to wanna mess with un-watching, say, 40 pages. :cool: Besides, someone may drag up a post I started, or was VERY active in, and I wouldn't see the little "eye" off to the side to know I should maybe look at the thread?

Thanx Joe.....Back to the more important thing for you!

You have me beat, I've only got 61 pages! :D

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top