Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I just saw where Yahoo

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Feb 16, 2012.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

is predicting a second term for Obwan on their front page!!

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Now for the important question did they use Tarot Cards or a Cryrstal Ball for this prediction?

3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

They have a prediction engine.

4. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

And before they even know the repub. challenger!

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

But if they can sway a few 1,000 votes to Obama by making people think it's inevitable.............

6. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

The fact that anyone would vote for a particular candidate based on who is predicted to (by the internet, no less) win and not on the issues is disturbing!

I guess it is more important, for some, to be part of a one day celebration and listening to excuses for the next four years, than dealing with reality.

Lefty.

7. oldbrass

oldbrass WA Active Member

the Oboma camp is beginning to dump big bucks into media, its politics plane and simple

8. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

It sure looks to me like the GOP doesn't want to win. They haven't fielded a single credible challenger to date. These guys have stood by such wildly unpopular positions - like being anti-choice, for example - that they've already alienated most of the voters.

I don't think Yahoo! needs a crystal ball. When I look at Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, Romney... not one is even remotely electable. They even make John "Keating Five" McCain look good by comparison.

I didn't vote for Obama last time and I won't vote for him this time. But I'll be french-fried in Perdition before I cast my lot for the hyper-corrupted Gingrich or an unrepentant nutcake like Santorum.

Clinging to your fantasy about any of these guys winning the Presidency is not helping the Conservative cause. All we're getting is more and more toward the fringe, representing less and less of the electorate.

We will not unseat Obama unless we get more votes, and that won't happen when the whole GOP field insists on positions that are a "poison pill" for so many voters.

9. Luieburger

Luieburger El Paso, TX Member

I agree. The GOP needs to bring in young voters or else we won't win. Thankfully the gun community is alive and well with fresh blood, but many of them won't vote party lines.

This is the year where the GOP either revives, or dies.

10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Thanks, Luieburger. I know what I said isn't easy to hear, but the sooner we stop blaming other people for not supporting our candidates and start appealing to a majority of Americans, the sooner we can take the reins back.

The only guy that I can listen to without feeling like I need to bathe afterwards is Ron Paul. And he's no angel - he very well may be a bigot. But at least he's not bankster spawn.

11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Regardless what anyone thinks the only way we will unseat Obama is for everyone to vote for whoever the GOP nominee is - right, wrong, good, bad or otherwise. The time of voting for who you believe will be the best choice (IE. 3rd party candidates, write - ins) will only reduce votes for the Republican Candidate and getting a Republican President in the house should be the primary responsibility for all of us.

12. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm not Yahoo, have a crystal ball, tarot cards, or even claim any psychic abilities but feel deep in my heart of hearts that we will have a certain Democrat as POTUS again. Based on what I have seen out of the Republican candidates to date I can't say that I am upset about my prediction.

13. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.