JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Phone number 202-697-7222

The said they were from a section of the Federal Government, a something or other, credit something... Something...

The Voice, a telemarketer type from India, if you follow the idea...

"You are authorized a One Time Grant..."

My reply, precious, I think:

"I think you are full of Obamma..."

"Pardon???? I do not understand????"

(Definite giveaway that she was at least off continent, if not Off Planet.

So, I explained, or started to.... She suddenly hung up.

???? Does a Proper Government Employee, really trying to give away obamma $$$ ever Hang Up????

philip,
That answer is no, you have to either Cut your Phone Line, or throw your cell phone away....

It's either phishing or another telemarketer. I get robocalls to lower credit card and mortgage interest rates all the time. I stay on the line and make sure they don't call me back. The mortgage ones used a line about the fed govt at one point with me too.

I've stopped answering my phone unless I recognize the calling number. Simply picking it up to chew *ss on a robot, or even an actual "human," provides zero satisfaction when all it does is raise my blood pressure and confirm that my phone number is viable, exploitable to sell, harrass, abuse... whatever.

Seriously, when I retire from my present grind in 3.8 years (but who's counting?), I'd like to be involved, in some aspect, with going after those worhtless, useless, harmful, hateful a-holes on my phone. I'll volunteer my time!

An old gal in Tennessee left a voicemail on my cell phone today to schedule a medical appointment. I phoned her back to tell her she had the wrong number. She sounded just like my elderly mom, but with a pronounced twang. We ended up chatting 15 minutes about accents, family, seasons, old age, unaffordable health care, and teenage mischief. She confessed to almost not answering my return call in case it was "those credit card b*stards again."

Bless her heart.

I had a call like that from #12-202-1234 was an Indian dude saying i had a widows computer that was needing some sort of software work or some ish. Couldnt really understand him but i dont have a computer registered to me and I told him that. He hung up. I wasnt going to answer the call because i didnt recognize the number but i was getting called at least twice a day and was getting sick of it. Calls have stopped now.

I have several valid reasons to answer all calls, non which are of concern here....

However, this one returned a call two more times, I called my provider, and had it blocked.

First time I have ever done that. 5-6 years ago, I had a HS girl pranking my phone... I simply started Praying out loud, to my Savior, that HE ~visit~ her, and ask her to accept HIS plan of Salvation... Ever here a good Sermon???? I can give one or two :D

philip

I had a call like that from #12-202-1234 was an Indian dude saying i had a widows computer that was needing some sort of software work or some ish. Couldnt really understand him but i dont have a computer registered to me and I told him that. He hung up. I wasnt going to answer the call because i didnt recognize the number but i was getting called at least twice a day and was getting sick of it. Calls have stopped now.

I'm getting these calls!?!? I guess I haven't stayed on the line with them long enough to even get to the point/scam. The guy yesterday.....Barely spoke English, Asian or Indian accent, and you could hear in his voice that he was reading the words. He said my phone# was registered to a Window computer. I told him he was wrong, that I had a Mac. He told me I had windows. I hung up pretty quick after that.

Last time those people called I told them there was nothing wrong with my computer and to STOP calling me about it. THE GUY HAD THE NADS TO SAY FU, and hung up on ME!

Next time I'm going to play along! You'd think, if they have my #, that their people would put a notation of some kind, that I'm not buying whatever they are selling. Dipwads!

Mike

Some stupid shmuck that worked at a local nursing home, printed my home phone # as their fax number on all of their paperwork.
Every doctors office, pharmacy and relatives to their residents tried sending fax's to my home phone.
The answering machine was full up by noon every day. Besides the horrible screeching tones being recorded, the phone company wouldn't give me the offenders number, stating privacy issues. Thank you AT&T.
After three weeks, I finally caught a break when a doctors office left a voice message asking why the fax # wasn't working.
I called up the nursing home and complained, but that didn't slow down the incoming calls.
They told me I should just change my phone # and let them continue using my number, because it would cost them too much money to reprint all of their forms and business cards.
I told them to forget that option (It's been my home business # for over 17 years) and that they needed to reprint their paperwork quickly and call every doctors/pharmacy office or I would buy a fax machine and respond to every fax received with a return fax stating that the management was so inept and careless, that they couldn't be trusted with printing their own forms correctly, that maybe you shouldn't trust them to take care of your loved ones.
Calls dried up in two days.

The last two Thursday's in a row I have received robocalls purporting to be Chase security, telling me that my debit card had been locked and to call such and such a number. Right folks! Called the number on my card and absolutely no problem. I won't bother next time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top