JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on the news last week (I dont have the link to it, sorry) and didn't think nothing about it until just a few moments ago I got a call from a number originating from Washington State. This is the phone number 360-525-2073
https://theamericangenius.com/business-news/phone-scam/
I do not accept calls from numbers not on my calling list so I rejected it. Here is the voice mail text from it;

"I'm so sorry I didn't hear you clearly. Can I ask you a few questions before I transfer you to a travel coordinator will give you all the details on your amazing vacation. Can I ask you a few questions before I transfer you to a travel coordinator will give you all the details on your amazing vacation."

This is a way for criminals to get your voice saying "YES" then they sign you to a contract. If you dispute the claim they have your voice saying yes to a conversation regarding said contract.
IT'S THE NEW SCAM:mad: :mad::mad:so beware & pass it on to others!!!!!

Last Edited:
I usually don't even answer the phone. I let it go to voicemail and if I don't recognize the number or caller, I delete and block it.

If, by some unusual circumstance I actually answer it, and I don't recognize the voice, I curse and then hang up. The particular curse word used cannot be turned into a "yes" no matter what kind of software they use.

I'm increasingly dissatisfied with technological "progress".

Here is another one that does the same thing in a different way:

I say hello.

Voice on the phone says "oh, sorry I dropped my head set. Can you hear me know?"

Me: hits the 'End call' button.

Edit: I don't normally answer unknown calls but I've been applying at so many jobs that I don't want to miss an opportunity.

"Yes?" I fail to see how they would collect on that. Go ahead and send an invoice over so it can get filed in circular. Not enough there to make a contract stick .

"Yes?" I fail to see how they would collect on that. Go ahead and send an invoice over so it can get filed in circular. Not enough there to make a contract stick .

They bill your cell provider, many of which have agreements to do so. For many things it is a legitimate function, but there are always scammers out there trying to take advantage of people. The providers probably have a blacklist, but then the scammers just start another company with a different name and the same scam.

A word of advice...never answer a call from a number you don't recognize or isn't programmed into your contacts. If it's that important and they need to contact you, they'll leave a message. If they don't, it wasn't important or it was a soliciting or scamming call. It's hard to get scammed if you don't even give them the time of day.

Same goes with emails...if it looks sketchy it probably is. Be safe out there guys.

I've got a new game for the folks from "Windows". I look forward to the calls now! What I do right after they give me the "Your computer has issues" spiel is say "Okay, but I'm going to need the number you're calling from?" I've only got to do it twice so far though. The first time the gal was GONE, that quick. Fun huh? The second one, a guy, said something like"Huh?". So I said "Well the number you are calling from didn't show on my caller ID?. You have my number, obviously (chuckle), so I'll need yours, then we can continue". I think he said "What the hell" and hung up. I can hardly wait for the next time "Windows" calls to help me get the ol' puter runnin' smooth again. :s0004:

'Can you hear me?' scam has police urging people to hang up immediately 'Can you hear me?' scam has police urging people to hang up immediately

It's also something that will authorize a small charge on your account. So what if they try to hit you with a $500 bill... but nobody notices a couple of dollars added to their monthly billing.

You can shear a sheep for it's life but you can only skin it once. They would rather shear you 500x along with 15 million other people than ruin their gig on one trip.

I've had a couple of scam calls. But they were the kind threatening to send the sheriff to my house if I didn't pay some old credit card bill. The funny thing is, I never had a CC with the bank they mentioned and I watch my credit like a hawk. After I told the first guy that I wasn't dumb enough to believe that the sheriff would come to my house to try and makle me pay a CC bill, he said FU and hung up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top