JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some idiot friend of mine convinced me a couple of weeks ago that I needed a Ruger 10/22 (I was happy w/ my CZ452 and my Marlin tube feeder). The Butler Creek folding stock thing did look cool....so I chased down a new stainless 10/22 and found one of the last Butler stocks......couldn't find any magazines anywhere......so today, I went to Wades and bought their factory BX-25 magazines for $75 freaking dollars apiece. (They had to get them from the safe).
So, when I get my backordered ones (maybe) direct from Ruger, hopefully I can pork someone on the price as badly as I got porked today....I'll try to remember to do it on Armslist.

I have a butler creek 25/22 mag that is just as reliable as my ruger factory mag

I believe you but I was not able to find one that worked. I had purchased 3, but they all jammed during use. Ugg...I ended up smashing them because I couldn't sell knowing they were faulty. I ended up purchasing Ruger brand mags and all worked fine. This was about a year back and before the current panic.

this is why the prices are so high. don't buy and they will have to come down

Nope. Prices are high because there is ZERO supply in the pipe. All the distributors and stores are sold out and things are back ordered. Nobody knows when they'll receive more ammunition, magazines, and in some cases gun themselves. Retailers are trying to protect their stores by having some inventory at higher prices that many will pay.

Anyone buying right now, new into ownership or rekindling their ownership is paying a heavy price for not getting on the bandwagon 6 - 72 months ago...

The Ruger 10-22 is a great rifle. You'll get years of use out of it and many people think it is an essential SHTF gun to have on hand.

That said, $75 for a BX-25 is a bit steep. Your 10-22 should have come with a 10 round mag. It might have been better to wait for a bit until prices stabilize or get back to normal before going for the big magazine. A month ago BX-25s were about $25 each.

Hopefully you already had a couple of bricks of 22LR on hand. The prices for 22LR ammo these days are crazy.

I only like the old 10/22 with out the plastic trigger housing. Harder to get the trigger real nice when the whole body flexes. Pretty sad when we look back to aluminum as the good old days! Ruger is no better than Kel-Tec. They are gona cheep themselves out of busines. Dang ol plastic.

Some idiot friend of mine convinced me a couple of weeks ago that I needed a Ruger 10/22

Friends don't let friends buy 10/22s.

OK, OK, I own one myself, but I never understood the wild appeal. Pointlessly semi-automatic for hunting, godawful trigger, middlin' barrel.

Everyone I know who's owned one has had work done on them - usually a trigger job and then a better barrel. Meanwhile a Savage Mark II (to take an example) has a very nice trigger and barrel from the factory, and costs only a little more.

10/22s are fun for garage gunsmithing - you can swap everything out of the receiver if you want. But then...why bother sinking $500 into a 10/22...

Agreed , only I got rid of my 10/22 for a Marlin 60ss. Out of the box more accurate than my 10/22 ever was....
Friends don't let friends buy 10/22s.

OK, OK, I own one myself, but I never understood the wild appeal. Pointlessly semi-automatic for hunting, godawful trigger, middlin' barrel.

Everyone I know who's owned one has had work done on them - usually a trigger job and then a better barrel. Meanwhile a Savage Mark II (to take an example) has a very nice trigger and barrel from the factory, and costs only a little more.
Agreed, only I got rid of my 10/22 for a Marlin 60ss. No need for mod's on this one, out of the box more accurate than my 10/22 ever was......

10/22s are fun for garage gunsmithing - you can swap everything out of the receiver if you want. But then...why bother sinking $500 into a 10/22...

I have to disagree about some of what has been said about the 10/22. There are lots of videos on youtube to do yourself and make a 10/22 feel like a custom rifle. I picked up a 10/22 Sporter with a 10 round stock mag and BX 25 mag for $350 this last weekend at the gun show. This is after selling my NIB 10/22 take down and BX 25 mag for $525.

I have a 10/22 Magnum. Its a nice rifle and fun to shoot but aftermarket accessories are non existent. It was a gift from my dad.

There is a place in Idaho called Tactical Innovations that has 10/22 metal lip mags for $40 - and they say they're still instock. I've used their stuff for a couple of years and it works fine. They have all kind of 10/22 stuff. Just checked and they only have the 10 round standard magnum mags.

What is the point? Why does there have to be a point? If you felt it was pointless, why the bubblegum did you write me about it? What was the point of that?
There is always the possibility that the ban will be suddenly effected by the powers that be. If that was the case, I'd forever kick myself in the *** for not getting them. There are certain guns that I've spent 2-3 years looking for, at the right price. Sometimes it just makes sense to buy the bubblegum when we're only talking about the price of a couple of pizzas. The time I've wasted looking for them already exceeds the extra I paid for them.

mixed views on the Butler Creek stuff, not to mention that their 10 rounder is nearly as big as Rugers 25.......No, general consensus is that the large cap factory mags feed as reliably as the small ones.......Nothing more annoying than clearing jams continuously.

mixed views on the Butler Creek stuff, not to mention that their 10 rounder is nearly as big as Rugers 25.......No, general consensus is that the large cap factory mags feed as reliably as the small ones.......Nothing more annoying than clearing jams continuously.

I think there is a special 10 Butler Creek mag that looks like a 25 round, I have heard they are sold at Big 5. The normal Butler Creek 25 round is the same size. A huge advantage in the BX-25 is that you can take it apart and service it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top