JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will answer your question with a question.

How many law enforcement agencies or military units use the Taurus PT 24/7 in any caliber?

I rest my case.

With all due respect, that doesn't seem like very fair criteria. If the OP had bought a Ruger GP-100 as his first handgun, you could ask the same question. Many here would agree that the GP-100 would be a great first handgun, for one, the quality can't be disputed, and two, the fact you can shoot .38's through it as well as .357's, and it has enough weight to somewhat tame the recoil of heavier loads. I'm pretty certain it's not issued to any law enforcement or military agency.

well everybody has there own opinion, half the people say its a great gun for target practice its accurate and reliable and thay have never had a problem with it, and the other half say its crap.... so im just gunna have to figure it out on my own., and ill let you know what i think thanx!!!

Go buy 500 rounds of practice ammo and shoot your new gun. Everybody on here has preferences but we didn't buy that taurus. You did. So go enjoy your new pistol, learn it's idiosyncrasies and have fun. If you are a newbie, maybe look into taking a handgun training class or go shooting with some experienced shooter friends. But my point is, just go have fun. That's why we all buy/shoot guns. It's probably the only thing most of us would agree on here.:s0155:

What he said...

It will be a fine weapon as long as you put it through some ammo testing and prove it reliable. If it is reliable and it fits you then you are good to go.

Just FYI, asking for opinions on Taurus' generally doesn't yield good results even though most of the opinions come from folks having never owned one. I've never owned one so I can't give you much input.

I have a Taurus Titanium Tracker 4" that's amazingly accurate and I won't part with it (Not that a friend of mine hasn't tried tempting me). Have had my share of Taurus in the past, never had one I really hated though.

It's a great starter pistol, Don't understand the re-strike thing Sounds like a bug that marketing spun into a feature.

Plan for something like an Xdm or Glock for your next one (I'm an Xdm fan myself)

Owned a Taurus .40 s&w pt 24/7 before. Shot great, 1000 rounds and no hiccups. Gave it to my little brother after one of the mags broke going onto 2000 rounds now with no problems. It appears mine was made out of magic though. With Taurus, proceed with caution.

My first handgun purchase was a Taurus PT-945. I shot well over 3k rounds thru it before I sold it. The gun ran 100% but had very loose tolerances. And proved to be the most inaccurate gun I have owned.

On a recent trip to the range, I was actually hit in the chest by the cylinder release of a Taurus revolver being shot in the lane next to me.......not cool.

Chevy, I have a lot of pistols, carry a Sig or my Taurus PT111,both 9mm. That second strike capability is really good. One thing though, clean that Taurus really good before you shoot it.The firing pin channel is usually full of gunk/grease from the factory. After you clean it a shot of "Break-Free" in that area is good. A lot of Taurus problems come from not properly cleaning a new pistol from the factory. I was told this and cleaned mine well and have had no problems. The luck of the draw on a lot of pistols, have friend whose Kimber never works right and it has been back to the factory more then once. You want to get some "snap caps", plastic rounds, and put them in and practice the trigger pull. This will help you break it in without firing a round. Welcome to the shooting world,have fun. ;)Spad

I just bought my 1st 9mm in a long time, an Xdm in 3.8" barrel. I started looking for something in the 350-400 range but I kept talking myself into nicer and nicer until I stopped at the Xdm. Got to say I'm seriously impressed.

My only SW is a Model 15 from the late 60s with sentimental value. My Taurus is a Titanium 357.

I have a Taurus PT145 milineum pro and love it, it hasnt FTFed anything or gave me one iota of an issue, Never a ftf, fte... NOTHING. ONLY issue is it doesnt like to feed speer gold dots (Or anything very "square" like that. I use Hordady Critical and corbon powrball now, not 1 issue, ever, also chomps ANY ball ive EVER put through it. Reloads, dirty bubblegum... That being said I clean my guns everytime I shoot them thoroughly, enough to where I can wear white shirts over them so they dont get dirty LOL...

I also have aXD 40 SC, both great guns, neither has given me any trouble ever

Its thye latest gen with the rail.

Id trust my moms life to it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR