JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"We've got enough people attacking pro-gun folks"
Yes we do. I edited my post 19 to point to three. Yes, you are included.
You and yours spout off against the NRA and spread lies. You are the problem.
NRA is here. I am a life member. I vote every election. I contribute.
I am a member of OSSA.
I support the only representative in OREGON who speaks openly for gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.
District 1, Senator (R) Jeff Kruse

I posted links to NRA support going back 2 years regarding 594 in other threads in NWF.
BTW, US House and Senate have conservative majorities thanks to the NRA
BTW What fool orchistriated 591?

A lotta somebodies voted solid blue in both WA and OR.
Citizenship is no longer a prerequisite to cast a ballot? Press 1 for Espaniole...

US voter turnout
WA voter turnout 54%
OR voter turnout 69%

Thanks again for your learned opinions.
We are living in interesting times...

"We've got enough people attacking pro-gun folks"
Yes we do. I edited my post 19 to point to three. Yes, you are included.
You and yours spout off against the NRA and spread lies. You are the problem.
NRA is here. I am a life member. I vote every election. I contribute.
I am a member of OSSA.
I support the only representative in OREGON who speaks openly for gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.
District 1, Senator (R) Jeff Kruse

I posted links to NRA support going back 2 years regarding 594 in other threads in NWF.
BTW, US House and Senate have conservative majorities thanks to the NRA
BTW What fool orchistriated 591?

A lotta somebodies voted solid blue in both WA and OR.
Citizenship is no longer a prerequisite to cast a ballot? Press 1 for Espaniole...

US voter turnout
WA voter turnout 54%
OR voter turnout 69%

Thanks again for your learned opinions.
We are living in interesting times...

I've spouted no lies, I don't know where you're getting that from. I am a life member of the NRA. My posts above supported the NRA and discourage removing support from them. Seems like the same thing you're saying too. So I'm not sure what you see in my posts that cause you to attack me.

I'm curious, if you see a group, such as the NRA do something you're not happy with, do you just sit back and stay quiet? How about your legislators? I would hope that you would voice your opinion to them, which is exactly what I do and have done for years, and exactly what I'm encouraging here. I'm not comfortable sitting around sending money to a group without being certain they know my stance on the issues. If you read my posts carefully, you'll see that I defended continuing support of the NRA while also encouraging those who weren't happy with the lackluster performance of the NRA in the 594 fight to let them know how they feel. If they think Washington gun owners don't care because they're not letting the NRA know they care, then why should the NRA give WA a second glance?

Can you honestly say that the NRA put up a good fight in Washington? If you do, I'd say you're one of the few who feel that way. That's not to say the loss in WA is the fault of the NRA, but they could have done more. Sure, other groups were fighting against it, but in reality, the fight in Washington was high-profile and would have ramifications in other states, yet the NRA did very little that I and others can see to try and protect the rights there. I know they're primarily a national organization, but state fights are part of what they do. Why didn't they do more?

You seem to be mixing a lot of different concerns in one post. You jump from the NRA and 594 to non-citizen voters, which doesn't seem to really fit this discussion. There is a chance for the folks in Oregon to get a wake-up call in the wake of 594. They have a chance to do more than they did in WA. How about encouraging participation rather than tearing into people who are making an attempt already? I don't see any value in getting pissy at folks here just because you assume they did nothing.

So, how is my encouraging actual involvement and support of the NRA making me, in your words "part of the problem?" I'm already a life member of the NRA, how does that make me "part of the problem?" I stated that I'm going to be joining OFF this year, how does that make me "part of the problem?" I already vote and have voted pro-gun for years, how does that make me "part of the problem?" I have written my legislators at both the state and federal levels about gun issues, how does that make me "part of the problem?" The only problem I see at the moment is a very angry guy who wants to attack the very people he should be encouraging to support these things - so how is that NOT part of the problem?

For those who aren't aware, the donation to OFFPAC isn't just a tax deduction, it's a complete write-off. That means that $50 per individual, and $100 per couple filing jointly, is taken directly off of your Oregon tax bill. It costs you nothing.

If Bloombergs' minions are getting this kind of support from the taxpayers, you are remiss in your citizenship responsibility if you don't do the same thing for our 2A rights.

Lots of comments here. Be sure to check your work place as well if it's a larger corporation. Mine will match donations up to a point. I was surprised but OFF was on the list!

Did I offend? "LIE" too strong?
"NRA not put up a good fight in Washington?"
What does a good fight look like?
"I'd say you're one of the few who feel that way."
I alert to certain words, FEEL is a leftist, liberal word. Are you a closet lib?
I KNOW.
Washingtonians Opposed to I 594
As a result of an in-depth debate between the National Rifle Association and the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs (WACOPS) has joined the Washington State Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors Association (WSLEFIA) in opposing the 18-page gun control measure, Initiative 594, on the Washington ballot this fall.
NRA's state lobbyist, Brian Judy, delivered a summer speech in Silverdale
Where is the NRA?
I594 supporters outspent opponents by a margin of $10 million to barely half a million.

The success of 594 in Washington shows the way to a very different political contest

I sent money to the WA coalition, the ILA.
What did you send?

Did I offend? "LIE" too strong?
"NRA not put up a good fight in Washington?"
What does a good fight look like?
"I'd say you're one of the few who feel that way."
I alert to certain words, FEEL is a leftist, liberal word. Are you a closet lib?
I KNOW.
Washingtonians Opposed to I 594
As a result of an in-depth debate between the National Rifle Association and the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs (WACOPS) has joined the Washington State Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors Association (WSLEFIA) in opposing the 18-page gun control measure, Initiative 594, on the Washington ballot this fall.
NRA's state lobbyist, Brian Judy, delivered a summer speech in Silverdale
Where is the NRA?
I594 supporters outspent opponents by a margin of $10 million to barely half a million.

The success of 594 in Washington shows the way to a very different political contest

I sent money to the WA coalition, the ILA.
What did you send?

Did you offend? No, you just didn't tell the truth.

So the best you have to offer is a debate and a speech? And you consider that a 'good fight'? How is that supposed to impact and inform millions of voters in Washington? Can you point me to something more high profile by the NRA? For crying out loud, I'm a member of the NRA and I hardly heard a peep from them. Where were they in the news? Where were the rallying cries? You even cite above that I594 supporters outspent opponents by a huge amount - is that supposed to show how involved the NRA was or wasn't? Bloomies people were constantly in front of the public. I can't say the same for the NRA.

I said nothing of 'feelings', not sure why your hate toward me is based what you feel I and others did or didn't do - I KNOW what I did - you don't, you only have your feelings about it. So who's the closet lib now?

As for what I sent, I sent my money to the NRA, I didn't earmark it specifically to the WA coalition of the ILA. What I did do was spend a lot of time talking with the Washington voters I know to help inform them about 594 and encourage them to vote it down.

You seem rather angry and maybe need some time to calm down a bit. I'm focusing my efforts on Oregon because I know we're next. And rather than attacking my fellow gun owners, I'll be encouraging them to get involved too.

etrain16
I don't hate you. Not angry with you, not debating you.
You are about feelings, distractions, and attack, nearsighted.
I quoted your posts in this thread, and you deny ownership.
I filter drama, identify issues, reduce them.

I'm retired blue collar knuckle-dragger, on limited income.
I invested my hard-earned money to ILA for the national fight.
I invested money to WA early in the fight.
I invested money to defeat my OR State Senator who advertises his ping-pong klutziness.
US HOUSE AND SENATE are less left than before, maybe.
WA voters (notice I didn't say citizens) screwed WA gun owners
OR voters (notice I didn't say citizens) voted a bullet-proof house, senate, and governor.
And returned Merkely to office! That's not stupid, that's enemy action!

Writing to complain to the NRA? (Post 10, 16)
Threatening, promising to take from NRA to pay OFF? (Post 8)
Where were you zealots last march?
How many of you are multi-topic voters? Thanks for nothing.
Whenever I am asked to vote, I look for the legislation record.
I ALWAYS VOTE PRO-GUN.
for what good it does me...
Where I was last march was renewing my NRA membership early, and sending additional money. I was also donating $100 to OFF, and I gave $200 to the Wehby campaign in hopes we could get a pro-gun Oregon senator. If 2/3 of us at NWFA would give $100 each to OFF that would be $2M. That would go a long way.

Where is was last march was renewing my NRA membership early, and sending additional money. I was also donating $100 to OFF, and I gave $200 to the Wehby campaign in hopes we could get a pro-gun Oregon senator. If 2/3 of us at NWFA would give $100 each to OFF that would be $2M. That would go a long way.
Zeke, thanks for contributing to the cause!
I FEEL sad for me and you because our hopes and expectations were dashed.
We are surrounded by unthinking, nearsighted, stupids, afflicted with mad-cow disease.
Try and resist the urge to dis the NRA, please?

etrain16
I don't hate you. Not angry with you, not debating you.
You are about feelings, distractions, and attack, nearsighted.
I quoted your posts in this thread, and you deny ownership.
I filter drama, identify issues, reduce them.

I'm retired blue collar knuckle-dragger, on limited income.
I invested my hard-earned money to ILA for the national fight.
I invested money to WA early in the fight.
I invested money to defeat my OR State Senator who advertises his ping-pong klutziness.
US HOUSE AND SENATE are less left than before, maybe.
WA voters (notice I didn't say citizens) screwed WA gun owners
OR voters (notice I didn't say citizens) voted a bullet-proof house, senate, and governor.
And returned Merkely to office! That's not stupid, that's enemy action!

Well I would say we're not that far off in our goals. Let me clear the record though - you attacked me, not the other way around. I stated my discontent with the lack of response by the NRA in Washington, and to date, no one has provided any facts to show they did anything but give a very lackluster response in Washington. Most people don't accuse me of being about feelings, so you take me by surprise there - it's not my MO.

Like you, I don't want to see happen in Oregon what happened in Washington - that was just too close for comfort. I'm a blue collar guy too, 20 years in construction, I've worked hard for my money too and I'm careful where it goes - and I do expect results by those I contribute to. We support candidates that are consistent with our views, with votes, money and vocal support among other voters. I did what I could personally to try and keep Kitzhaber out of office - Dennis Richardson is pro gun and has corresponded with me on issues in the past. I was very disappointed to see Kitz and Merkley re-elected. I fear for the loss of our gun rights here in Oregon and it appears the voters here have set up the perfect government to make it happen.

I'm glad you give so much of your time and money, I know many appreciate it, including me. We are a minority in this state and it will take the efforts of everyone to block the legislation we all know is coming.

etrain16
Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.
I think it's too late now. WA, OR, and CA have gone west.
I'm waiting for change, expecting it will be costly for all.
Hoping for better, prepared for worser

As a life-long Oregonian, I do hope you're wrong. I know I won't quietly sit by and let it happen, at least for what I can do. I hope many more jump in as well. It's an uphill fight to be sure.

etrain16
Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.
I think it's too late now. WA, OR, and CA have gone west.
I'm waiting for change, expecting it will be costly for all.
Hoping for better, prepared for worser

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE.
The methods now might ultimately be very costly to all, but in the end the 2nd will win and the Constitution will be intact, even if it takes the old fashioned way.

We must all pull together! We must not let anyone give us a defeat us attitude. I will never give up and will fight to the end. I am disabled and live on SSI but I am a NRA life member and give to the ILA. I belong to SAF and give to them 3-4 times a year and now my brothers in Oregon in battle I am joining OFF and will also find a way to give a little extra to them as well. I also belong to GOA. I have nothing bad to say about any of them as they are on my side and I feel that is not productive and my cause someone not to donate to the cause and that would be like joining the Bloomberg group. On a very limited income, I do what I can because I can't stand the thoughts of my nation with out the 2nd Amendment. I will continue to contribute as much as I can and as often as I can. We must protect all states or we will become weaker with every state we lose! Help your brothers out across our nation!

There's been some great replies to this thread, my apologies for any gripes with the NRA, Taku and others are right all the orgs need our support and we all do what we can. I don't have a lot to give out so when I decided to do my part I chose OFF because its my home-front. I think this thread has shown that when we can we also need to look out farther, put other states on our radar all the way up to the federal level. The I594 battle was fought right across the river and my knee jerk reaction was 'where was all the Washington gun owners' but I should have said where can I donate to help their campaign. IIRC the SAF is Washington's turf and was there doing what they could?

I wish thing would have been better for my Washington state but we will fight! the NRA did great for all the states helping GOP getting in with the possibility of an other Supreme court justice being replace before Obummer leaves and who knows who will replace him. The fight goes on! No matter what state is attacked, it is our nation so we must come to the fight in all states!

I joined OFF and put them on monthly autopay years ago. I probably should look at increasing that amount.

I also joined GOA and contacted them about putting them on monthly autopay as well. Nothing but crickets to that and a followup email, so I never renewed with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top