JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
During the commercials of Grimm, I pulled up the home page of OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation) to check up on news and alerts. I saw this:

"The Oregon Legislature is poised to ram through a laundry list of right's smashing anti-gun bills. If they fail they are counting on millions in New York money to destroy the Second Amendment in Oregon via ballot measure. Get prepared now."

So after a long time of reading OFF and deciding that I want to become a more pro-active supporter and advocate for our Second Amendment right, I became a member for $25. Causes that we believe in, whether that be 2A advocacy or polar bears, require money. I fear and know that $25 isn't a dust particle against the behemoth that is anti-gunner Bloomberg. However, I pledge that I will continue to give donations to OFF and the NRA throughout the year, in addition to writing our representatives.

I call on others to do the same. The lowest membership level is $15. Also, please read the OFF website to determine who the anti-gunners are, so that you can write or call them. Our 2A rights in this country are slowly but surely being burned away. The only way to stop this is to donate whatever you can and let your voice be heard!

Long live the 2A!

Last Edited:
Those of you in Oregon have no excuses. You just witnessed how a lack of full and overwhelming response was complicit in I-594 passing. In the letter I am currently writing to NRA leaders, about my complete disappointment in their lack of support, I am citing OR as their next opportunity to get their bubblegum together or risk a collapse of support. I would urge Oregonian's to do the same.

I'm joining OFF later this month once I get the next check. I do believe that Oregon is next and I'll be doing what I can by supporting OFF as well as continuing to write legislators at both the state and federal level (something I already do). If all gun owners do the same, we can at least make it more difficult to pull of their anti-liberty BS. Let's not be another Washington!

Those of you in Oregon have no excuses. You just witnessed how a lack of full and overwhelming response was complicit in I-594 passing. In the letter I am currently writing to NRA leaders, about my complete disappointment in their lack of support, I am citing OR as their next opportunity to get their bubblegum together or risk a collapse of support. I would urge Oregonian's to do the same.

I wrote them of my disappointment right after it passed. They need to hear from their members! I still support them, and I'm a life member, but I'm displeased with the lackluster response in Washington - seems like they basically gave it away. They owe it to Washington gun owners to get 594 tied up in the courts ASAP.

Good call, I have not yet written the NRA as a member. I think they need to hear what I have to say about what happened in Washington this past November.

Both need support. If things are lost on a National Level, We also lose on a Local Level.
There is truth to that but man I594 was a major blow it seems what affects us is on the local level and the NRA was nowhere in all that. It just feels like why put your money and see no effort, I'm glad I'm not a Wa. resident right now.

what OFF does for Oregon with what little support they get is volumes more than what the NRA did for Washington's I594. Oregon already recently defeated a similar UBC bill in 2013 legislative session and the entire time I got updates and notifications with who to write or email every step of the way from OFF. I'm already getting updates on the upcoming legislation including links who to write to: http://www.oregonfirearms.org/counties-sheriffs-coming-gun-fight

If you live in Oregon and care about your rights you'll put your money with OFF.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/who-we-are

Last Edited:
There is truth to that but man I594 was a major blow it seems what affects us is on the local level and the NRA was nowhere in all that. It just feels like why put your money and see no effort, I'm glad I'm not a Wa. resident right now.

what OFF does for Oregon with what little support they get is volumes more than what the NRA did for Washington's I594. Oregon already recently defeated a similar UBC bill in 2013 legislative session and the entire time I got updates and notifications with who to write or email every step of the way from OFF. If you live in Oregon and care about your rights you'll put your money with OFF.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/who-we-are

Yes OFF needs the money too. But Why is it that everyone thinks the NRA is Washington's personal lobby org.
They are not and not for any state in truth. Wash has its own lobby groups as does Oregon. Both need support. Both need to fight hard.
Washington didn't fight hard enough or get the vote out enough .

OFF is going to have a tough time also this go around and I hope people in Oregon took heed from what happened in WA and do not let this happen here. But We sure do not expect the NRA to bail us out before hand.
That is not what they do.
When it gets to the courts and federal levels and all then they will there.

The NRA Still needs money just as badly as the State groups do and to ignore either one of them and you might as well just lay down and admit defeat.
Those azzwipe anti gun slime will hit you at both levels.

Everyone needs to stop the blame game for their own lack of action.
It is not the NRA that fights the local fights until its lost.
They fight all things that affect gun rights on a National level.
State wide they help by giving information when needed, and They do training and they do range preservation and expansion issues.

I am surprised how little knowledge of the NRA that most gun owners have.
Without them you would not be fighting any battles, as there would be zero 2nd Amendment rights anywhere.
The mere fact we have these battles is a testament to what they have done for decades, actually over a century and people need to stop making them a scapegoat for their own failures.
They have it together, local gun owners do not...yet ! Otherwise WA would not have 594...............and Oregon would not be fearing what is to come.
But By _ _ _ It's NOT the NRA's Fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That crap comes right out of the Anti's camp and belittles the one Organization that stomps them into the ground.
They love nothing better than when someone badmouths the NRA,

Playing at the end of the marionette strings of the Bloomberg groupies sure does not help either Oregon, Washington or the Nation as a whole !!!!!

HELP OFF As much as you possibly can, and HELP the NRA as much as you possibly can and we all win, unless you would rather the anti's win all of it.

Last Edited:
Got a letter from OFF yesterday, asking for another donation. $25 is going out in the AM.

I'm still supporting the NRA. Its too important not to! SRG

Got a letter from OFF yesterday, asking for another donation. $25 is going out in the AM.

I'm still supporting the NRA. Its too important not to! SRG

I am just getting back to work from a rough summer now a little at least and
they will be getting donations from us this coming year too. SO will the NRA :)
Its going to be Pay now or we all pay later.

Last Edited:
+1 with Taku - both OFF and the NRA need support. Both have different focuses and both are very important to the coming fights at both a state and national level. While I'm disappointed that the NRA didn't do more in Washington, I'm not willing to give up on them. I'm still hopeful the ILA will come in to Washington through the courts and put 594 to a stop. If you're not happy with NRA's performance in Washington, don't pull your support, but DO be sure to communicate to them. They need to hear from their members.

Last Edited:
Writing to complain to the NRA? (Post 10, 16)
Threatening, promising to take from NRA to pay OFF? (Post 8)
Where were you zealots last march?
How many of you are multi-topic voters? Thanks for nothing.
Whenever I am asked to vote, I look for the legislation record.
I ALWAYS VOTE PRO-GUN.
for what good it does me...

Last Edited:
Writing to complain to the NRA?
Threatening, promising to take from NRA to pay OFF?
Where were you zealots last march?
How many of you are multi-topic voters? Thanks for nothing.
Whenever I am asked to vote, I look for the legislation record.
I ALWAYS VOTE PRO-GUN.
for what good it does me...

Not sure who you're complaining about here, but regardless, wouldn't it be better to encourage more involvement rather than attack your own side? Maybe not everyone was as involved as they could be. Me, I vote pro-gun. I write my legislators on the state and national levels. I try to convince others to do the same. And yes, I recommend writing the NRA if you're not happy. Maybe people got a wake up call when 594 passed. If that's the case, don't attack them, I would rather encourage pro-gun folks to take a more active position without calling them out for past mistakes. We've got enough people attacking pro-gun folks without doing it ourselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top