JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All that said, I'd consider carrying a Kel-Tec PMR30 if they were reliable enough and not so overpriced - 30 rounds of .22 WMR would certainly be worth consideration.

Im a little more impressed with my PMR-30 after watching this video comparing the 5.7x28mm vs. 22 Magnum vs a IIa vest and then the ballistics gel starting around 13:50 of the video

Any handgun can kill.

But 80% of the people shot buy a handgun survive. So really it's kind of a weak little weapon compared to a rifle.

I just try to carry a bigger handgun [Tool for the job at hand], to help with a guns original intent.

I don't want to hurt someone. And I don't want to take the time to administer another round or two. I want to make the aggressor stop what he is doing right now! And there are better choices, both in stopping power and reliability than a semi .22.

Why handicap myself? I'm gona be lucky to come out of a lethal confrontation alive and unscathed!
And I'm not willing to put my loved ones at risk. Because I want my gun to be comfortable.

A gun is supposed to be comforting first! Then it can be comfortable.

Your gona stop stupid kids and bangers? Guess what? You don't get to pick your threats! So while your living in la la land. Try to keep a rental house in reality!

Try to stop a couple pit-bulls with that .22........... I know ,you like dogs so you won't have to shoot one.

Any handgun can kill.

But 80% of the people shot buy a handgun survive. So really it's kind of a weak little weapon compared to a rifle.

I just try to carry a bigger handgun [Tool for the job at hand], to help with a guns original intent.

I don't want to hurt someone. And I don't want to take the time to administer another round or two. I want to make the aggressor stop what he is doing right now! And there are better choices, both in stopping power and reliability than a semi .22.

Why handicap myself? I'm gona be lucky to come out of a lethal confrontation alive and unscathed!
And I'm not willing to put my loved ones at risk. Because I want my gun to be comfortable.

Your gona stop stupid kids and bangers? Guess what? You don't get to pick your threats! So while your living in la la land. Try to keep a rental house in reality!

Try to stop a couple pit-bulls with that .22........... I know ,you like dogs so you won't have to shoot one.

The bigger the handgun the more apt they are to DRT. I can see useing something smaller if you want them to be somewhere else as they achieve room temp:D

I agreed with you up to a point, but then it kinda turned passionate and then a bit hostile.

Yea I love dogs but why would I not shoot one that was attacking me? I have no idea where that came from...

I own and carry a 9mm and .357 mag that I carry as I feel necessary or "comforting" as you labeled it; a rental house and not living in reality? Where did that come from, that wasn't my point or topic of discussion...

What I said was that all situations and people can not be blanketed into one catagory as "needing" more then a .22 because it just isn't capable of stopping a threat.

Yes, the biggest gun I can hold and shoot is more effective and reliable (given it's center fire). So is a full size battle rifle but I don't feel the need for that and no one is toting that is reasonable either.

Lay off the anger and stick to facts, not just emotions. We can all choose our own clothes; same with guns.

Peace brother:s0104:

He was open carrying a 22 he bought the day before at 2:30 am in Gresham? As my daughter would say: "NOOB!" I recommend the guy write that gun off on his taxes as an education expense.

If Im going to Gresham in the daytime I at least bring an extra mag with me.
Gang Central

Im a little more impressed with my PMR-30 after watching this video comparing the 5.7x28mm vs. 22 Magnum vs a IIa vest and then the ballistics gel starting around 13:50 of the video

I have wanted one of those PMR30's, How reliable is it.
30 rds is quite a capacity for a handgun :)

-
You lost me right after I read ..." Walther P22 "

When I hit that part, I knew the carrier was a talisman carrier, not someone who took the time to get educated or trained. The P22 is a good looking, fun plinker. It's also famous for stoppages, and is a Umarex product, not a real Walther.

OCing that says, "I want people to see me carrying a cool looking gun, but I don't want to spend money, I have no training, I have little to zero trigger time on this pistol, I probably think a .22lr works fine if I aim for the head, and I am totally unaware that hitting a moving head is incredibly difficult."

I grew up in that area. It's gone down hill ever since the max train was built.
Very nice well built homes and great schools back in the seventies, now it's just a low rent mess.

I grew up in that area. It's gone down hill ever since the max train was built.
Very nice well built homes and great schools back in the seventies, now it's just a low rent mess.

That has happened everywhere the light rail went to. It will happen everywhere the light rail gets built to.
It is an easy mark, on the rail and at the stations and is a magnet to cheap movement. Unless you have half dozen LE on every car and at each stop it will get only worse and worse. It is just like the subway systems in the bigger cities. Gresham, Hillsboro, Now Wilsonville and next it will be Milwaukie to Oregon City and lord knows where else. It is the carrier of crime, the facilitator of crime and opportunity provider to the criminals.
Stop the rail system to slow the spread of that crime. Otherwise live with it. Or better live away from and do not support any of it.

-
You lost me right after I read ..." Walther P22 ".
Now he is forced to buy something that is an actual defensive carry handgun .
Oh gee - I own some .22 rimfire pistols too - I guess that means I don't have a Glock, or a SIG or a Kahr or a S&W defensive carry handgun.

Oh wait...

I do. :eek:

Imagine that! :rolleyes: A person owning more than one handgun! What a concept!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top