JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People are going to vote however they wish....
It may or may not be in line with how you wish them to vote.
There ain't a lot that can be done about this.

Name calling or other insults will only serve to keep others away and re-enforce the popular anti gun stereotype of a gun owner.

Are some of these new gun owners still going to vote anti-gun....Yes
Do you need to makes these new gun owners , your new best friends...No

But as I have repeatedly said :
Who would you rather have teaching a new gun owner about guns and gun ownership ....
A helpful gun owner or the anti-gun news media , movies , TV , anti-gun groups ,etc...?
By helping them , we are helping ourselves.
Andy

Have a sharp eye for helping and you'll manifest the greater good.

Guns are freaking addictive, I'm hoping a whole bunch of these folks are here to stay

I have not owned a gun for 20 years. Certainly not anti gun. Just didn't have much interest once I left the military. My wife decided she wanted to have one in the house, and everyone be trained properly in the use. Well....they are like tattoo's. You can't have just one. And I'm obsessive once I jump in to something. Now we have 2, and I shot 600 rounds this morning.

I agree 100%... although I do have a problem extending grace to someone who, up until recently, thought I was some kind of deplorable nutcase hillbilly redneck insert liberal insult *here* and completely devoid of common sense, responsibility, and placed me in the same catagory as terrorists and child murderers.

I would, as you did, make a small exception for immediate family. I'll welcome new converts, but none of em get to handle, much less take (temporary) posession of my junk.
Hard for me to be nice to people who have been damaging our rights like that, but it really leaves an impression on them when you just choke down the disgust and try to be nice. I've had some pretty cool stories get back to me. Things like "She asked if he was a bubblegum about it and I have to say, he was as nice as could be."

The only trouble with it is I hear crap like that and I find myself almost wanting to be nice <shudder>.

:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top