JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...I am just busy. I have also been avoiding the gun forums to avoid spending any money. If I do not see the new shiny toys I do not want them as badly.:)

I thought I better take a few seconds and check in since I have been away for awhile. Here is what has been going on in a nutshell.

We have sold managing interest in Mother Maybel's (so that I can become a stay at home dad) and hope that our new partners will buy us out completely in a few months if things go well.

We have started visitations with a wonderful 12 year old young man in Seattle whom we hope to have living in our home very soon and call our son within the next six months. We were looking for younger to start with but this kid stole my heart...mainly because he is almost a carbon copy of me at that age. We will still be getting a younger child as soon as one comes available but I could not let this poor guy go without a family another day.

I am still grieving the loss of my pug, Mabel...but it gets a bit easier to deal with the loss with each week that passes.

Mavis (our new bulldog) is growing like crazy. She started off at 11 lbs 6-7 weeks ago and is now weighing in at over 27 lbs. She has become a bit of a nightmare for our older dog and our cats but she is really becoming a member of the family.

MavisFace.jpg

Sometimes "real life" gets in the way 'eh? Good to hear you are still alive and well. ;)

Bummer about the business sale... unless it was a choice you really WANTED to make, and if so, congrats!!

Good to hear about the kiddo too... I can only imagine how tough it must be for a 12 year old to wait... and wonder if they will ever be a part of a "family" again. Best wishes for a positive outcome for all of you! :s0155:

Good to hear you're doing well. Yes, I agree, the more I visit this site, the more temptation there is to buy a new toy.
We just put down our 3 year old dog Scout, last month. It's very painfull.
Hope your move to WA is working out, although, you can keep the commute.
Keep us posted on your new ventures.

Regards,
Will

Dave,
I was off of the forum for most of the summer also and when I started hanging out on here I was surprised not to see posts from you, as you had been one of the most consistent posters. I even checked to see if you had been banned while I was away!
Good luck with all of your endeavors. I, too, want to know what the first pick for the new son will be!
Bruce

Good to see you post and good luck on the new adventure.

Mavis looks like a keeper:s0155: We have both an English and a Frenchie. Hope you got her local there are a few good breeders around here.

PBP
Good to see your post.
I too have missed your opinions, humor and imput.
FYI the dog park on 53rd and Halsey pretty near your old business seems to have English Bulldog Sundays pretty often or maybe it is Saturdays. Either way it might be worth checking out once she grows up a little bit more. That is if she doesn't explode of over cuteness first.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top