JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just finishing up my morning run this morning, and had a good idea.

Start a news report. Maybe just web based. The title of the site will be called
"GOOD NEWS".
Think about all the negative stuff we get pushed on us daily.
Have a site that is all good news. Uplifting stories of what humans do daily.
I don't know. It may just work!

I'm all for the idea.

We live in times where positive messages are in short supply. All to many people are programmed for immediate emotional reactions and seem interested in only the negative.

Here are a couple of media organizations I follow that at least offer a broad perspective:

It would be great, I think. One thing I noticed years ago, while living in Kansas City during one of its worst periods of violence, was how little it was shown on television. There were bits here and there, but mostly they didn't cover it. When I moved back home to Oregon, I noticed right away that the news focused on everything like it was a reason to hide in your basement. I think the former was preferable.

"GOOD NEWS".

The MSM absolutely HATES HATES HATES any and all competition...

You will be instantly attacked, called racist, extremists, anti-government, homophobic, sexist, and a wiper of other people's bottoms.

Last Edited:

"GOOD NEWS".
IIRC KOMO Channel 4 TV(1000 on the AM dial) did just that many years ago.

It would be great, I think. One thing I noticed years ago, while living in Kansas City during one of its worst periods of violence, was how little it was shown on television. There were bits here and there, but mostly they didn't cover it. When I moved back home to Oregon, I noticed right away that the news focused on everything like it was a reason to hide in your basement. I think the former was preferable.
Another thing that may be worth comparison, is that missouri is traditionally a very red state, where gun control is not so strict, and people will shoot back. In the worst of the post Katrina gang violence days, where the murder rate rivaled the worst in the country, it was barely a news story. I came back to Oregon, which was as blue as ever, in October 07, there had been something around 30 murders, and it was a dominant force in the news.

I don't remember where, but a few years ago a tv station began a 1/2 hour
of nothing but good news reports.
It was cancelled after 2 months.
It seems nobody watched.
People like their news bloody and tragic with all the excess drama the teleblabber can muster.
My wife and I do not watch news of any kind because we killed our tv. Now that right there was drama.
A cat up a tree 5 states away really isn't that urgent in my world and the rest of it
is just exploitation of people's misery.
When it's all bad news none of it is bad news. People have gone numb to it.
Think of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry".

The MSM absolutely HATES HATES HATES ant and all competition...

You will be instantly attacked, called racist, extremists, anti-government, homophobic, sexist, and a wiper of other people's bottoms.
That's easy. Just put what you said on the front page. Warning! This positive news site will be attacked by the MSM.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top