JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a really hard time with accepting this. I have no doubt that if you worked at it you could find someone willing to sell you a firearm even if you said you could not pass a background check. There are bad apples out there. But stories like this make it seem like there are guys tripping over themselves to offload evil black guns to every creep and teenager in America.

My experience has been much, much different. I am legally able to own a firearm, Willing to show my ID and fill out a bill of sale which is more that what is required by law, and yet not good enough for at least 50% of any private firearm transactions. I do not have a CPL, which is dang near required for a FTF these days. I had one transaction recently where the seller requested to see my passport, which I obliged.

Maybe its because of how I look, I am covered in tattoo's and have that sons of anarchy look but I am also a business owner driving a new diesel truck that cost more than a entry level BMW.

Anyway I dont buy it. I cant imagine that you would find a dealer willing to sell a AR to a 18 year old "friend" or someone willing to ship a shotgun door to door with no FFL It seems remarkably far fetched.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21179_5-terrifying-things-i-learned-while-buying-guns-facebook.html

Last Edited:
I will say that a lot of the guys getting out of prison (felons, mind you) do brag about owning firearms and obtain firearms through illegal means- even out of prison. I've heard their conversations, I've read their mail...

They don't buy them over the internet, at a gun show or through the thrifty nickle...they know someone who knows a guy who steals guns or straw purchases...that, or a dumb family member gives them one.

Knowingly transfering a firearm to someone who is a felon is a crime.
Purchasing a firearm for someone else is a crime.
Stealing is a crime.

Sooooo the Liberal solution is to make more crimes?

:confused: It makes my head hurt.

5 Terrifying Things I Learned While Buying Guns on Facebook
#1. There's Even a Craigslist for Buying Assault Weapons
#2. Sellers Will Work With You to Get Around Laws
#3. Overt Creepiness Will Not Disqualify You
#4. Some Sellers Are Fine Selling to Anyone
#5. You Can Buy Guns on Facebook

#1 and #5 point out sites where people can follow the law or not follow the law, their choice. Kind of like the old-time barber with the gun board for buying/selling.
#2 shows that sellers will not break the law and (I argue) point out the foolishness of the many layers of gun laws at city, county, state and federal levels.
#3 shows that people who are trying to be creepy don't always succeed
#4 shows that some people are willing to break the law.

None of these are terrifying. He went out and asked people to commit criminal acts. When most of them said no or educated him about the law, he kept looking. He found 5 loopholes and we don't know how many "no"s he heard.

If you've been in prison for some given reason, once out you have paid your debt to society (not on probation) and should be free.

If you're so dangerous you can't be trusted with a firearm then you should not be walking the streets.

Why is it they take away your second amendment RIGHTS but not the other 9??

If you've been in prison for some given reason, once out you have paid your debt to society (not on probation) and should be free.

If you're so dangerous you can't be trusted with a firearm then you should not be walking the streets.

While I agree, this is not the way the law is written and must be followed...just FYI, you also lose your right to vote once you're a felon.

5 Terrifying Things I Learned While Buying Guns on Facebook
#1. There's Even a Craigslist for Buying Assault Weapons
#2. Sellers Will Work With You to Get Around Laws
#3. Overt Creepiness Will Not Disqualify You
#4. Some Sellers Are Fine Selling to Anyone
#5. You Can Buy Guns on Facebook

#1 and #5 point out sites where people can follow the law or not follow the law, their choice. Kind of like the old-time barber with the gun board for buying/selling.
#2 shows that sellers will not break the law and (I argue) point out the foolishness of the many layers of gun laws at city, county, state and federal levels.
#3 shows that people who are trying to be creepy don't always succeed
#4 shows that some people are willing to break the law.

None of these are terrifying. He went out and asked people to commit criminal acts. When most of them said no or educated him about the law, he kept looking. He found 5 loopholes and we don't know how many "no"s he heard.

I agree with most of what your post points out. Also the articles title is either pure hyperbole or the guy is too easily terrified!

Criminals will sell to criminals. Want that stopped, then keep criminals out of society completely. To use that behavior against honest citizens is equivalent to the criminals and tyrants. People that do that need to be isolated from society also!
There is no excuse for tyrannical behavior either.
Those trying to control everyone else's behavior are far worse than most criminals and zero tolerance for them should be in order.

Actually... if you're convicted of a felony you also lose your right to vote. And depending on some of the circumstances some of the other rights start to become pretty questionable.

My post was directed to the Bill of Rights - the first 10 amendments and IMO most sacred - and why my query indicated 'other 9'.

I would think your right to vote would be just as important as your right to a gun...if I make legislation that makes it illegal for you to grow your own food and starve you out isn't that just as criminal as me breaking into your home and stealing your food?

I would think your right to vote would be just as important as your right to a gun...if I make legislation that makes it illegal for you to grow your own food and starve you out isn't that just as criminal as me breaking into your home and stealing your food?

I didn't write the BOR, James Madison did. And he didn't include voting in those 10 rights. Moreover, if you'll recall in the beginning of our country, you could only vote if you owned property.

Furthermore, your example is as silly and absurd as any I've read. You may as well have said it is illegal to have your heart pumping as without a beating heart and / or food, your life expectancy is very limited.

;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top