Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I have some silver questions too, like best way to sell it

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by eldbillbo, Apr 1, 2011.

1. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

so if silver is $34 per once for example or so they say ( or what ever the current posted price)

how do you get $34 per once

I read some sell it on ebay but then they have to pay 8% or what ever they charge

and if they don't get $34 well its not really worth that much then

so if you take it to a bullion dealer what % of value can you expect to get out of it if its coinage ?

what could one expect to sell it for in a private sale

Thanks

2. gunslinger1911

gunslinger1911 WA state Member

ill give you $30 per oz

3. wjv

wjv SW Washington State Active Member

Lowest risk -> Highest risk

1) Go to a place like "http://www.ajpm.com" in Portland, or the many other PM dealers who pay spot price for PM. (buy prices are listed on AJPM's web page)

2) Sell in the buy/sell area of various forums (like this one) or over at Gold is Money.

3) Craig's list - but meet in a public place and accept CASH only.

4) eBay. . and get hosed with fees. Most people who sell PMs on eBay charge 10-12% more than spot price just so they can walk away with spot price after paying all the fees.

4. nubus

nubus Guest

I'll give you $34.00.

5. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

ill take it

6. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Just put it up for spot - as you can see, there will be more than enough takers - myself included. If you try to sell it at a pawn shop or jeweler, the best you can hope for is "bid" price, which is always less than spot, and they will turn around and sell it back to you for the "ask" price or higher. Check kitco for current pricing. The best advice you'll get today is to keep what you have and buy as much more as you can afford.

7. Texfisher33

Texfisher33 Tri-Cities, WA Active Member

I sold mine at Capitol Coin in Salem. Very friendly and received about $0.25 over spot.

8. baada

baada Surprise, AZ Member

Sasquatchvnv is right. Buy right now. Until the DOW to gold spot ratio is 1. Then think about selling. It's at about 8.7 ish right now. Plenty of time to buy still.

Check out National Inflation Association. Awesome site. Spread the word too.

9. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I went to Craig's rare coins in Beaverton and he paid the same spot # I was getting off the web for bullion and "junk coins". Green cash money.

10. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Most of the people selling it will have a "buy" and a "sell" price listed. Naturally you buy it for more, but it's usually not a significant difference. Go there (where you bought it) and sell it. If you have a lot of it, then it would be worth looking around first.

11. Ammo Can Sales

Ammo Can Sales Tigard Member

Bring it over and I will turn it into ammo cans that you can use. (I do trade ammo cans for silver)
    I do agree with the person that said to purchase more.

12. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

AAAmetals these guys don't mess around they'll give you spot or over for your metals, I have 20 .999 troy ounce rounds that I may bring over to them shortly and swap out for some gold grams lol