JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been poo pooing the idea that we are heading into a financial downturn but I am starting to believe that it could be happening. I think we are overdue for a good recession comparable to what happened in 2008 (I don't count the mandated downturn from Covid as a normal recessionary period).

As for firearm related spending, I would be very selective about what you buy and how much you pay. I expect prices for most firearm related stuff to mostly go down from here, especially after the supply chain shortages get caught up. If pro 2A politicians take over either house in November this will expedite the price reductions. We have the most capacity ever for firearm related manufacturing and competition will start shutting down the small guys (drop shipping outfits) if the downturn really materializes.

Keep your eye on r/gundeals and the NWFA Great Deals section for deals. There are lots of inflated prices here in the NWFA classifieds but sellers will realize that soon enough. I see ball powder is coming back pretty well and I am betting primers won't be to much farther behind. Ammo is going to start collecting dust on retail shelves if prices don't start coming down.

Anybody else have the same feeling? Anybody have the opposite view?

Prices going down for gun related stuff; while everything else prices going up?? :rolleyes: I have noticed lately that grocery item cost have been going up compared to a few months ago... everthing else have seen prices increasing... from food to gas to consuner goods...

Prices going down for gun related stuff; while everything else prices going up?? :rolleyes: I have noticed lately that grocery item cost have been going up compared to a few months ago... everthing else have seen prices increasing... from food to gas to consuner goods...
I have seen that too and as prices on necessities go up that may result in people having less money to spend on the fun stuff.

Hopefully I am wrong about which way the economy is going.

I have seen that too and as prices on necessities go up that may result in people having less money to spend on the fun stuff.

Hopefully I am wrong about which way the economy is going.
I highy doubt gun related stuff prices will go down much, if any in the light of inflation, at least numerically :rolleyes: after all, millions of gun purchases, people buying up ammo still, and reselling ammo at higher prices...

I highy doubt gun related stuff prices will go down much, if any in the light of inflation, at least numerically :rolleyes: after all, millions of gun purchases, people buying up ammo still, and reselling ammo at higher prices...
During the height of the ammo buying spree, pretty much any ammo would disappear when it went on the shelves. People were lining up for ammo at stores, I haven't seen a line in months. Classified ad sections seem to be growing longer. Ammo section is 679 pages long now.

I have seen lots of common cartridges sitting on the shelves lately. If it stays that way, prices will likely come down or the ammo will collect dust?

During the height of the ammo buying spree, pretty much any ammo would disappear when it went on the shelves. People were lining up for ammo at stores, I haven't seen a line in months. Classified ad sections seem to be growing longer. Ammo section is 679 pages long now.

I have seen lots of common cartridges sitting on the shelves lately. If it stays that way, prices will likely come down or the ammo will collect dust?
People ALWAYS seem to have very short memories. It was not too long ago when Trump shocked all and easily won. Was not long until I was having a REAL hard time not buying a couple more 1911's. NIB Nice ones were selling for a lot less than I paid for mine 15 and 20 years before. AR's? They got to the point even though I had no use for one I was tempted to buy a couple as I was seeing them for sale for the price I paid for my last .22 pistol. Now will it go that low again? Who the hell knows but, many have already forgotten it just happened. All this mass increase was created by very poor choices made by those in charge. Who now stand there and lie saying they had nothing to do with it. So it can certainly be changed.

I have been poo pooing the idea that we are heading into a financial downturn but I am starting to believe that it could be happening. I think we are overdue for a good recession comparable to what happened in 2008 (I don't count the mandated downturn from Covid as a normal recessionary period).

As for firearm related spending, I would be very selective about what you buy and how much you pay. I expect prices for most firearm related stuff to mostly go down from here, especially after the supply chain shortages get caught up. If pro 2A politicians take over either house in November this will expedite the price reductions. We have the most capacity ever for firearm related manufacturing and competition will start shutting down the small guys (drop shipping outfits) if the downturn really materializes.

Keep your eye on r/gundeals and the NWFA Great Deals section for deals. There are lots of inflated prices here in the NWFA classifieds but sellers will realize that soon enough. I see ball powder is coming back pretty well and I am betting primers won't be to much farther behind. Ammo is going to start collecting dust on retail shelves if prices don't start coming down.

Anybody else have the same feeling? Anybody have the opposite view?

I think we are headed for a depression era sized collapse.

I'm not a financial analyst of any sort but there's lots of gut feelings and other market indicators that between the war, inflation, and the fed hiking interest rates. Everything has to be perfect to not bungle a really, really, really bad outcome.
As i am sure most people will agree this is not the president or administration that is best equipped to deal with any single issue like inflation, or war, or climbing interest rates. Let alone all 3 things happening at once.

In short we are f***ed.

Stop it!

Keep thinking good thoughts, stay optimistic! Everyone hold hands and sing kumbaya.

As long as we stay positive, there is absolutely no way things can get worse!

Stop it!

Keep thinking good thoughts, stay optimistic! Everyone hold hands and sing kumbaya.

As long as we stay positive, there is absolutely no way things can get worse!
kyle broflovski lord GIF by South Park

If one is concerned about an impending recession, and there are most certainly signs that could happen this year, wouldn't it be better to focus on socking away as much disposable income in (relatively) safe savings and investment vehicles? Even a mild one would require some riding out; an implosion à la The Great Recession is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

All the people who voted for Brandon need a good crash to see what they voted for. Many of them to this day are refusing to see what is going on right in front of them so they REALLY need to feel some pain. I think it will be quite funny to watch. Sadly the rest of us with a brain will have to just ride it out while voters get what they asked for yet again.

All the people who voted for Brandon need a good crash to see what they voted for. Many of them to this day are refusing to see what is going on right in front of them so they REALLY need to feel some pain. I think it will be quite funny to watch. Sadly the rest of us with a brain will have to just ride it out while voters get what they asked for yet again.
On a more local level, the same goes for Kate Brown, who despite being the least popular governor in the nation, will probably be conveniently forgotten when the state will most likely vote in Brown's chief crony.

F5A72C2D-435B-4CE4-AC63-120B8F122613.jpeg

On a more local level, the same goes for Kate Brown, who despite being the least popular governor in the nation, will probably be conveniently forgotten when the state will most likely vote in Brown's chief crony.
Yet again, elections have consequences. A LOT of people do not vote. They have a list of excuses they pull out of their pocket every time something bad happens. They try to encourage anyone who will listen to also not vote. Fact is those who do not vote or throw their vote away voted for the winner. Sadly freedom has just been WAY too easy for wayyyyy too long. This has meant people could vote like idiots for a long time. Well now they finally are going to have to feel some pain. Be careful what you ask for, you may get it. We are set and will be fine. Pain will be felt by us of course but we prepared. A LOT of people did not, especially those who voted for this. So great, let them live with what they asked for until they decide they have had enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top