JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My girlfriend's parents and her sister go to a Bible study and get exposed to Covid by someone who tested positive. They get really sick two weeks ago. Flu-like symptoms. Test negative for Covid. My girlfriend comes over to my house on Sunday and gets sick. Body aches, cough, mild nausea. She gets a Covid quick test on Monday and it's negative. I start feeling like crap on Tuesday, so I go get a test on Wednesday. Negative.

Was still feeling achy and feverish and mildly nauseous last night, then it got much, much worse. Body aches went to 11, fever went to over 100, uncontrollable body shivers and cold sweat. Downed a bunch of Tylenol PM, slept 8 hours, woke up feeling awful, still, then took some more and slept another 4 hours. Woke up and I have no sense of taste. Call my girlfriend and she reports that her mom and sister are still sick and just lost their sense of taste. They got tested a week after being sick and were negative.

So, I call my boss and say I likely have covid but tested negative on Wednesday. He says to call the company health clinic, who is doing all of the quick tests, and let them know I've lost my sense of taste so I can get the deeper PCR test. I call the clinic and they say they won't do a PCR test unless I test positive on a quick test. But everybody that has this illness keeps testing negative on the quick test and all obviously have Covid. What the heck is going on?

The clincher is that I now have to burn up all of my sick time to stay home for two weeks. If I tested positive for Covid, then none of my sick time is charged. But because their quick tests are not detecting it, its costing me hundreds of dollars in sick time.

I don't know if there is a new strain that we have that is not being detected, or if the quick tests are defective, or what.

You could just have the flu. If it weren't for the loss of taste that would be my guess.
That's what I thought. Just the flu. But because the people that got me sick were exposed to Covid, and we have all now lost our sense of taste, it makes me think this is Covid, but isn't getting detected for some reason.

Why not go to an urgent care and get the PCR test?

I've been tested a few times and have never had an issue having the provider doing the PCR test over the rapid test.

It would be worth it if it can save your PTO for something more fun.

That's what I thought. Just the flu. But because the people that got me sick were exposed to Covid, and we have all now lost our sense of taste, it makes me think this is Covid, but isn't getting detected for some reason.
Ever since this hoax got rolling the old standby Influenza vanished. The problem of course is no one told the flu bug it no longer existed. The Covid testing also never has been nearly as good as many would like to believe. I take it the clinic who tested you did not test for Influenza? There is a reason many are not. They get paid to have more cases of one and not the other. In either case as long as you do not have some underlying health issues you will be fine. It will pass. They have a blood test that is better to tell if you have been exposed to Covid and never knew it. Those tests are rarely done as they also do not get money for the results. ;)

My girlfriend and I both had it back in January of last year. She lost her taste and I didn't. So apparently you can get it again. Of course, were never tested for it back then since nobody knew to do so. They tested us for flu, and said we were negative.

My girlfriend and I both had it back in January of last year. She lost her taste and I didn't. So apparently you can get it again. Of course, were never tested for it back then since nobody knew to do so. They tested us for flu, and said we were negative.
As with all viruses it mutates. This one is no different than all the ones before it. Sars, Mers, none of them ever just vanished. The same reason we can't "cure" influenza. Of course this one will keep mutating. Humans will build herd immunity to it just like everything else. If not the human race would just become extinct. It is another reason I did not take the vaccine for this. It was rushed out fast, it will only work for a short time, just like the Flu shot. The only difference in this Covid thing is law makers who long dreamed of top down control hit a gold mine when they found they could get almost the entire population to pretend they had no rights and bow to everything they were ordered to do. Of course the sad part is this is now the norm and will be used over and over again. :(

Probably just a different strain of the China Virus. Aren't there like 4 or 5 different strains now?
Corona Virus is not new, and of course there will be more mutations of it. The news pretends like this is new but it's happened before. Sars, and Mers also started in China but they pay BIG money to keep that out of the main news. Notice you seem to never hear of them any more? They did not just go away, people became immune to them to survive.

People are under the mistaken impression that ONLY Covid causes loss of smell and/or taste and the media is pushing that idea....

flu a d loss of taste - Bing

The flu and common cold can also at times cause loss of smell and/or taste, it's not an exclusively Covid symptom.
" Because the ability to smell affects taste, food often does not taste right to people with a cold. Smell receptors can be temporarily damaged by the influenza (flu) virus. Some people cannot smell or taste for several days or even weeks after a bout of the flu, and, rarely, loss of smell or taste becomes permanent. '

So it is entirely possible that you just have a NASTY case of the regular ol' Flu.

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear your sick.

I recall having had the flu and some nasty colds that caused me to not taste food for a few weeks. Sense of smell was gone too.
I dont think Kung pao flu suddenly cornered the market on those effects.

I do hope your recovery is expedient and complete.

If the tests are free, you could just go to a crap load of sites and test until one comes back positive. If nothing else, it saves your sick days. Even if you don't actually have covid, I'm confident at least one test will say you do

Everyone keeps trying to compare it to SARS. It's is SARS! King Flu is SARS-COV2.

Didn't know MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) is a china flu. Usually they are named by the point of origin.

Didn't know MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) is a china flu. Usually they are named by the point of origin.

LOL....
Don't you know?

BIDEN has a decree on that. No more calling bad stuff after a region/country. Because it promotes "negative reactions to individuals from that country or region of the world".

Not that I'm gonna listen to Uncle Joe.

BUT.....
IF you still have to go to work. Well, I'm trying to help you. You know. To stay out of the HR office for the session of "Remedial Thinking Training".

Biden promotes racial equity for Asian Americans in wake of Trump's anti-China talk (yahoo.com)

President Biden took action Tuesday to disavow another aspect of his predecessor's legacy — racial animus toward Asian Americans, hostility that rose sharply during a pandemic President Trump blamed on "the China virus."

Biden's executive order, one of four addressing racial equity that he signed at the White House, called for providing the Justice Department with additional guidance and resources to more accurately track hate crimes and harassment of Asian Americans.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
LOL....
Don't you know?

BIDEN has a decree on that. No more calling bad stuff after a region/country. Because it promotes "negative reactions to individuals from that country or region of the world".

Not that I'm gonna listen to Uncle Joe.

BUT.....
IF you still have to go to work. Well, I'm trying to help you. You know. To stay out of the HR office for the secession of "Remedial Thinking Training".

Biden promotes racial equity for Asian Americans in wake of Trump's anti-China talk (yahoo.com)

Aloha, Mark
MERS-COV is known as Camel Flu. It was discovered by an Egyptian. Several sources say all known cases have been linked to the Arabian Peninsula. It apparently was first discovered in Saudi Arabia. where does chyna fit in?

I don't really keep up on this virus stuff. I'll either get a virus or I won't. I mostly likely won't be affected by it anyways, even with being in the "high risk" category.

Yeah, I go to work and our communist dictator of Oregon does her damnedest to have us wear face diapers for the Kung Flu. Apparently pedofile china joe and the hoe want more of that.

Consider this for a moment.....

Aloha, Mark

MERS-COV is known as Camel Flu. It was discovered by an Egyptian. Several sources say all known cases have been linked to the Arabian Peninsula. It apparently was first discovered in Saudi Arabia. where does chyna fit in?

YOU SAID......

Everyone keeps trying to compare it to SARS. It's is SARS! King Flu is SARS-COV2.

Not that I care what you or anyone else calls it.

Aloha, Mark

PS....so then......
Referring to a flu as a "china flu" or "chyna flu" (or whatever name with a national origin identity) could be thought of by some to be a derogatory term. That is why BIDEN thought it necessary to address the naming issue. Wanna add, "Camel Flu" or "Spanish Flu" (or whatever else you like) to the list....be my guest.

Jeez. Perhaps, some lessons in P.C. speak would be of help?

Wu Flu, The CCP Virus, etc..... Ask me if I care....how YOU name it.

BUT......I wouldn't want someone (NWF member) to have to go the the HR office because they didn't know.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads