JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nearly the exact quote I immediately thought of...

BTW, I see a Yugo M76 in the mix, but shouldn't there be a Tabuk clone in there somewhere too?

Keith (SF-:s0155:)

Technically it was officially imported as the M-90. I got four original mags with it and 20 M1A mags converted over.

I recently found the importer in Maryland that has the yugo scope mounts and scopes calibrated for .308

The Tabuk clone..... sssssshhhhhhhh..... I am looking for a host rifle for such a project...... don't tell anyone. I am also trying to get some of the Afghan green electrical tape for my Khyber Pass clone. Pretty easy clone to replicate... Step 1. Get an AK; Step 2. Attach a chain to the trigger with a "D" ring and tow it behind an ATV through central Oregon for about five miles. If you happen to pass by a field with goats and cattle, ask permission from land owner first before trespassing. Local Livestock Auction yard would also suffice; Step 3. Shoot a 100,000 rounds; Step 4. clean with diesel; Step 5. Attach some "jingel" bling. You are finished

SF-

Oops, I meant M77, typed in M76 (duh...). Pretty big difference.

I think you have your Kyber pass clone pegged. There's a fairly ugly MAK 90 in an Ephrata pawnshop that I thought might be a good candidate, but they want too much for it, IMO.

Keith

There's a fairly ugly MAK 90 in an Ephrata pawnshop that I thought might be a good candidate, but they want too much for it, IMO.

Keith

What was the price, may I ask?

MAK 90's (IMHO) are the prefect host for a Utilitarian AK. At the gunshows, they seem to be creeping up to almost $650.00, but then they are the same rifles that do not sell.

I think a the prefect 'host' Khyber Pass clone would be on a Maadi rifle imported by CAI (next to no collector value).

Difficult to find a decent host for the Tabuk. A Yugo RPK without the barrel fins would be as close as we could get to one, but they do not make that rifle now do they?

SF-

I believe it was $400, maybe $450, definitely no lower or higher. The metal looked good, but the finish was totally gone. I believe it had a polymer stock on it, so that would have to go too. You'd have to call though to be sure its still there. Try 'Old World Trading Co.' (There's a store in Ephrata and Moses Lake...try both just in case they move their stock around), or 'Downtown Pawn' in Moses Lake. I forget which of the three it was at, but its definitely one of them.

Keith

Ok so the first addition to my collection of AK's since my first romo gun awhile back. It's an AMD 65 FEG receiver, shot it today and it was a blast. I'm still trying to do some research on this gun. They don't manufacture this particular model anymore, might have something to do with TGI and some ATF issues a few years back. Any insight on this particular model would be greatly appreciated. Couldn't find much on google, just mentioned lack of US parts. It's my understanding the FCG and US mags are the only US parts that make it compliant and that didn't sit well with the man.

Empty
View attachment 204017

Cool I'm loaded but not really pic
View attachment 204018

Receiver markings
View attachment 204019

Model and importer
View attachment 204020

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show