JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have decided to put a good amount of time, effort and of course money into AK variant rifles. Used to want to focus more on the AR style platform, especially since I've spent a lot of time shooting them. However I have found there is way more to AK variants then just my few WASR's ;) That being said I would like some direction on good reading material and good sites that are informative about the different variants available in the states of course. Also any forum members that have had this bug for awhile your help and input would be greatly appreciated :s0155:

Like thirtycal said.....

theakforum.net

My old Russian..I miss you

Ak4-1.jpg

Nice pics! Thanks for the info, one thing I'm looking for is a Kobra sight. Any ideas where to find one? It's my understanding they quit selling them.

Eastwave still has Kobras, but they are becomingscarce and expensive. Tantal used to have them, but a recent email from the owner indicated that he will not be selling any more. Do NOT be fooled and get a Kobra built for paintball guns, they are not as well built and will be unable to maintain a zero. Your best bet is a PK type sight for cost and practicality. Eastwave seems to have the best prices that I've found for various types of sights. Kalinka seems on average more pricey, but they do have a selection of sights not found elsewhere.

Something you should get just for the coolness factor is a 1pn34 triple tubed NV sight. I have one on my PSL and it is a kick in the rear :).

Keith

Variants that are awesome:
PSL, Ak-74 I love my bulgarian, but the Polish Tantals always have looked sweet.
Mac-90s have a good feel to them also, but the thumbstock makes it more akward to shoot and sight properly since AKs are meant to be shot perpendicular to the body.

Indeed. A MAC-90 looks and functions best when 'deneutered' back to preban configuration. Just watch the parts count. Polytech Type 56 stocks are still available: http://stores.polytechparts.com/-strse-AK-dsh-47/Categories.bok .

An NHM-91 can also be made into a respectable Russian RPK clone or a reasonably accurate Norinco 86-7 RPK if you can find an original Chinese clubfoot stock (good luck with that :( ) .

Keith

Darkside my @$$... AK's are the path for the refined person on the journey towards enlightenment.

Funny you are the 9th American Service Member who has sworn a new allegiance to the AK that I know of in the past 30 days. Interesting development wouldn't you say?

Oh yeah as for those pics I promised, these are temporary:

The AK74U. Original Krink kit built right:

0d323d73.jpg

Next AK74S. Need I say more?:

10e0f31c.jpg

SF-

I was thinking about this whole AK/darkside thing and you know, you're right because once you get one you can't stop

2da6f6bc.jpg

SF-

:s0001: OMG...SF, I thought I had a problem. I have two questions. First off, from being on this forum for awhile, I know you have more toys than just a bunch of AK's, so are you married and does she know what you are up to? Next, the rifle on the far right...Is that a dura coat paint job? Did you do it? Looks good. I plan on building one more Romy with a wire folder. After I finish my Romy RPK and paint it....then I think I will be done with AK's.

:s0001: OMG...SF, I thought I had a problem. I have two questions. First off, from being on this forum for awhile, I know you have more toys than just a bunch of AK's, so are you married and does she know what you are up to? Next, the rifle on the far right...Is that a dura coat paint job? Did you do it? Looks good. I plan on building one more Romy with a wire folder. After I finish my Romy RPK and paint it....then I think I will be done with AK's.

Yes I am married and I bought these long before I said "I (am) do(ne)".

Yeah I need to make room in my safe and and have been selling off some of my .308's, though I am not in the biggest hurry to do so.

The rifle on the far right is really a Tromix S12 done up in a Durcoat pattern called Multi-CAMouflage by an outfit called Para Bellum Inc out in Louisville, KY. I was going to put mags in all the rifles (and Pistol) but what a pain. I had to get into the back of the safe to get to two of the rifles that needed the Red Star retaining plate installed in the FCG and in order to do so, I had to get them all out. At the far end of the truck the tire kind of hides the MAK 90 current project and the polytech pre-ban.

Just a heads up, I installed the new Houge AK pistol grip, what an improvement. I would highly recommend them on your utilitarian rifles. The Draco pistol feels like an extension of the arm with it.

Physics Guy- I am already on Homeland Security's list for certain classes I had to attend for Big Army so yeah the Media is going to love me no matter what.

SF-

Someone has milsurpitis...particularly the highly contagious, and rapid Russian strain of the disease. I am sorry my friend, but there is no cure for this affliction... you can only placate it by obtaining more military surplus guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top