JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do not like which Term? Gun Nut or Open Carry?

I do not know - I moved to a State with Open Carry rigths ( Most cities).
Seems perfectly fine seeing a person in the grocery store with a pistol on him - children in tow. Lots of Motorcyclist open carry - not the gang/ clubs but working people.
Nobody gasping at the sight. Nobody flailing themselves on the floor complaining about guns. It is the right of the business t decide if they want them or not.

In that vein lots of people prefer conceal carry just to avoid the confrontation issues.

So when rational people are given the choice -they elect open carry - great. Do not want to Open carry - great just get your CWP.

"Gun Nut" NO!!! - Self Protection in a rational manner - YES

.....that at least half the members inhabiting a certain website forum advocating open carry are indeed "gun nuts."

I looked for a published definition of the phrase "gun nut" that I'd consider authoritative but haven't found one. OP, for the purpose of this discussion, what does "gun nut" mean? If it is in the same spirit as "health nut", "golf nut" or "car nut" then count me in. If you are thinking something more like "wing nut" or "bubblegum nut" then I think you owe OC dot, I mean that certain forum an apology. It's probably more like a quarter of us.

Do not like which Term? Gun Nut or Open Carry?

I do not know - I moved to a State with Open Carry rigths ( Most cities).
Seems perfectly fine seeing a person in the grocery store with a pistol on him - children in tow. Lots of Motorcyclist open carry - not the gang/ clubs but working people.
Nobody gasping at the sight. Nobody flailing themselves on the floor complaining about guns. It is the right of the business t decide if they want them or not.

In that vein lots of people prefer conceal carry just to avoid the confrontation issues.

So when rational people are given the choice -they elect open carry - great. Do not want to Open carry - great just get your CWP.

"Gun Nut" NO!!! - Self Protection in a rational manner - YES

Sadie, chill out. I said half, not all.

I looked for a published definition of the phrase "gun nut" that I'd consider authoritative but haven't found one. OP, for the purpose of this discussion, what does "gun nut" mean? If it is in the same spirit as "health nut", "golf nut" or "car nut" then count me in. If you are thinking something more like "wing nut" or "bubblegum nut" then I think you owe OC dot, I mean that certain forum an apology. It's probably more like a quarter of us.

I mean nuts as in crazy, stupid, ignorant fool, etc. I make no apology for that opinion either. Reading what some of these "wing-nuts" post would lead anyone to think that all of us who espouse firm belief in our 2nd Amendment rights are on par with the Aurora, CO shooter.

Sadie, chill out. I said half, not all.

I mean nuts as in crazy, stupid, ignorant fool, etc. I make no apology for that opinion either. Reading what some of these "wing-nuts" post would lead anyone to think that all of us who espouse firm belief in our 2nd Amendment rights are on par with the Aurora, CO shooter.

Then there are those that talk about being 2a supportive, as long as it is their way of being supportive. I'm glad I'm on the other half. I have seen no over the top extremist views on that other site. Discussions about rights, privileges and what ifs, just like here.

Comparing them to the Aurora shooter is just sick.

and I've come to the conclusion that some people really enjoy outing themselves and are just damn foolish.
How do you mean sir?
Are you the kind that doesn't believe in any open carry whatsoever and that we have to lock up and hide any of our arms thus making it this evil taboo. Then it will be just that. I think the best thing us open carriers can do is be informative, well spoken, polite, and courteous but stand firm in our rights and beliefs.

Anti gunners will almost always be anti gunners but Id rather inform and appeal to them telling them my reasoning in layman's terms so that they may relate to my cause. As for making myself a target.. would you honestly approach a man open carrying a firearm with the intent of doing him or his family harm? Not many if any would. And as for any following me home with the intent to rob me.. best of luck there too.

How do you mean sir?
Are you the kind that doesn't believe in any open carry whatsoever and that we have to lock up and hide any of our arms thus making it this evil taboo. Then it will be just that. I think the best thing us open carriers can do is be informative, well spoken, polite, and courteous but stand firm in our rights and beliefs.

Anti gunners will almost always be anti gunners but Id rather inform and appeal to them telling them my reasoning in layman's terms so that they may relate to my cause. As for making myself a target.. would you honestly approach a man open carrying a firearm with the intent of doing him or his family harm? Not many if any would. And as for any following me home with the intent to rob me.. best of luck there too.

I do enjoy your spin. :)

Simply put, people who decry OC or CC and use labels like "gun nuts" are not supporters of 2A rights, and if they own guns are an even greater issue than those who just flat out hate guns and gun owners.

I love out yourself threads. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top