JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
I'd like to make this clear: I am a dyslexic
I was also a US Army Soldier that worked very hard to make it to the NCO School ands earn a security clearance that required a background check.
Currently I have a FB I Criminal Records Check for my concealed carry lisenjse.
However I have been informed because of my spelling i will not be allowed to post here because i AM A DRUNK or drug user.
As a soldier that held lives of fellow soldiers in his hands when he called out co-ords and adjusted fire down on the bad guys WITHOUT hurting fellolw americans I take GREAT Umbrasge on those that would question me because I cannot spell every word correctly every time I spell it ibn text.
Every second of every minute of every day I fight my affliction knowing that one mistake might have cost a life.
To be judged by 'others' that pretend to be my superiors becausde I cannot control my spelling when I am tired,,and b eyond my control, I find that disreputable, dishnonorable ands unwqarranted0.
that is all

There is a spell check function built into the forum :s0155: The red squiggly line underneath words means that they are misspelled. Just right click on the word with your mouse and it will bring up suggestions for the correct spelling.

Frustration is understandable. Have you contacted the Moderator's and explained yourself and your difficulty? If not I would start there, pretty respectable people here and I think they would work with you knowing you are not an out of control alcoholic, drug using hippie:)
I have a friend with the same learning impairment, good men dont have to read or right well to be GOOD MEN!
Good day and thank you for your service!

I don't know exactly what threats you're talking about, but you seemed to have done alright with the past 122 posts;

<broken link removed>

Not to sound like a jerk but, did your spelling and grammar suddenly get worse when you need sympathy for something?

I don't know exactly what threats you're talking about, but you seemed to have done alright with the past 122 posts;

<broken link removed>

Not to sound like a jerk but, did your spelling and grammar suddenly get worse when you need sympathy for something?

Yes that wold be exzactly it; whe nKI need sympathys, yes that is te s=[exacxt moment I need you to show-up and pouint that out. thank you for your studious comments.
And of course that would allow everyone to forget anything I ever saids before, and they are welcome to do that.
i would hope that you join me as I waft down a class 4 river. I will bne sure to immortyalize you final 122 chacters in stone and bring your children to view thjose words. at the small non-remarkable memorial, where your name will appear mis spelled ate the bottom.
But you knoew i LOVIT YOU bOW

It bothers the heck out of me when people type like they never graduated elementary school. If I was a mod I would probably be much less forgiving than the ones here. There is no real way to check if a person is actually disabled (or has actually served in the military for that matter) over the internet. Considering there is built-in spell check I would remain highly suspicious of anyone claiming such things and would probably think they are just lazy and incredibly butthurt. Not that I'm implying anything, but if you really are what you say, take that into consideration and don't get too angry when the mods start picking on you for poor typing and grammar skills.:s0155: Understanding has to happen on both sides after all.

Out of curiosity... what was your MOS?

"used to do my own work, make my own beavertails, work the magwells, fit the barrel/slide bushing. With modern computer controled machinery the product is so much more affordable and EEK! better.
I still pack a 1950's Commercial Colt 1911A1 45 ACP, with a few tweeks. To me it is like a Diamondback or Python from the early 1970's, all the hand work was done before it was put in the box!
I've had the pleasurable experience of shooting match grade revolvers that were hand made, once the pieces were choosen from the raw forgings in the 1920's. Both Colt and S&W match grade guns were all hand built revolvers, polished as well or better than any elite english shotgun. Belive me, sex is nothing compared to that swiss clock workmanship. Inter changeable front sights in the 1920's, custom barrel leanghs, any combination of sights, barrels, finishes, stocks. And they shot like rifles!
Many was the time I planted my back against the front tire of a PU truck and even in a cross wind, busted a non-PC coke bottle @100 yards with a Colt Officers Model Match 38 spl.!
Over the decades I owned several such 38 Spls but like the fool that I am I let them go in favor of 357 mags, 1911A1s, Browning High Powers. And when I joined the Army. I no longer had a choice, and they did not care that I was the second comming of Dead Eye Dick, at least they gave me a M-14!. "

You posted this in the 1911 project thread at 4:27 pm today and reads nothing like your posts right now. I'm not saying either way what your issues may or may not be, but it's clear that for whatever reason your spelling and grammar are much worse in this thread...

Yes that wold be exzactly it; whe nKI need sympathys, yes that is te s=[exacxt moment I need you to show-up and pouint that out. thank you for your studious comments.
And of course that would allow everyone to forget anything I ever saids before, and they are welcome to do that.
wild prfediction:
we will meet next august
Folr some reason you will need my horse
qand that is why I will drive 200 milses and ride e ven further to Red Mountain at the placeof two small lakes.
But oit ain't my beeswax anyway

u&#477;&#652;&#477; &#647;uop &#305; s&#305;&#613;&#647; s&#305; &#647;&#592;&#613;&#653;

It might help your case if you put in a little effort to type more clearly in the future. ;) Read your post aloud before you hit the "Submit" button and I'm sure the results will be positive. Otherwise you just come across as an idiot with a persecution complex. (which I am certain is not the case!)

I'm not saying OP is right or wrong but dyslexia gets worse when the victim is upset. And he is quite obviously upset currently. Even my posts get grammatically bad when I type angrily or in a hurry.
It's quite possible in a calm scenario he could type a flawless post. And type a messed up post when worked up.
Just food for thought gentleman

First, thanks for your committment to this country...

I don't pretend to be able to relate to your condition... but I did notice in this thread, that most of your "misspellings" appear to be keys that were nearby, and hit accidentally while typing. I don't know to what extent dyslexia plays into that, but when a word is spelled out with extra letters that are geograpically close on the keyboard, it gives the impression that it was typed hastily, or with an impaired control of motor skills. Just thought I'd point that out.

At the risk of exacerbating the problem Kenno I just looked at your other posts as was mentioned by Physicsguy and they are clear and concise, something is different in your posting now, please don't take this as an insult but it's not hard to notice that you aren't yourself at the moment. My concern and please don't take this wrong, if you aren't intoxicated there is a chance you have had a stroke and don't realize it so please reach out to someone immediately

"used to do my own work, make my own beavertails, work the magwells, fit the barrel/slide bushing. With modern computer controled machinery the product is so much more affordable and EEK! better.
I still pack a 1950's Commercial Colt 1911A1 45 ACP, with a few tweeks. To me it is like a Diamondback or Python from the early 1970's, all the hand work was done before it was put in the box!
I've had the pleasurable experience of shooting match grade revolvers that were hand made, once the pieces were choosen from the raw forgings in the 1920's. Both Colt and S&W match grade guns were all hand built revolvers, polished as well or better than any elite english shotgun. Belive me, sex is nothing compared to that swiss clock workmanship. Inter changeable front sights in the 1920's, custom barrel leanghs, any combination of sights, barrels, finishes, stocks. And they shot like rifles!
Many was the time I planted my back against the front tire of a PU truck and even in a cross wind, busted a non-PC coke bottle @100 yards with a Colt Officers Model Match 38 spl.!
Over the decades I owned several such 38 Spls but like the fool that I am I let them go in favor of 357 mags, 1911A1s, Browning High Powers. And when I joined the Army. I no longer had a choice, and they did not care that I was the second comming of Dead Eye Dick, at least they gave me a M-14!. "

I could not help but notice the same thing reading this post! At 1637 this afternoon you typed flawlessly! What has happened between then and now? Most of your other post are well written also with maybe a few small errors?? Is someone looking for a shoulder to cry on?? If so I have a quarter you can borrow.
Just saying, if this is legit I do not understand the huge swing form this afternoon to five hours later?? Any explanation, not that I deserve one?

At the risk of exacerbating the problem Kenno I just looked at your other posts as was mentioned by Physicsguy and they are clear and concise, something is different in your posting now, please don't take this as an insult but it's not hard to notice that you aren't yourself at the moment. My concern and please don't take this wrong, if you aren't intoxicated there is a chance you have had a stroke and don't realize it so please reach out to someone immediately

Good point Trlsmn, good lookin' out!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top