JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have 2 Rugers. Great round, i often load heavy 240 grain Cast hollow points as high as 1200 fps, i know a man who dropped a 500 lb Cow Elk Dead in its tracks with this load, strait through both shoulders...

Reading this thread has made me reconsider if I made the right choice picking up my S&W Performance Center .44 mag hunter. I've always wanted a revolver in .41 mag, I guess I'll just have to move it up on the list :rolleyes:

Might as well post a pic, since I have one.
This is the 1967 Ruger Blackhawk I had. (Neck feather)
I've never regretted selling it to a good friend, but I do regret not having a gun in 41 Mag that I really like.
The cartridge is fantastic. The options are poor.

41 b.jpg

I have the 6 1/2" barreled Blackhawk and plan on converting it to a Bisley with some nice checkered walnut grips. Everyone says it's a dead or forgotten caliber but I'm here to tell you that while not as popular as 9mm, I make and sell a lot of it.

PC020347.JPG

My .41's. Three screw Blackhawk with Herret grips, shoulder rig and the Bianchi (contracted for Ruger) flap holster.
Model 57 8-3/8" Nickel plated, pinned/recessed, 2x Model 8 EER Leupold.

You may notice these are set up for hunting. The one that looks like it is part of the bumper of a '58 Buick Roadmaster has taken a 4pt. Muley and a couple Antelope.
The Blackhawk has not been blooded (yet).

I only own one .44 Magnum revolver: a Dan Wesson 10" stainless outfitted much as the 57 here. It is the only .44 Magnum handgun I have ever shot that I am capable of shooting well. The cartridge does better for me in my carbines: a Marlin 94 and an early Ruger.

In the .41 I found the "Big Iron" I can shoot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top