JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have 2 Rugers. Great round, i often load heavy 240 grain Cast hollow points as high as 1200 fps, i know a man who dropped a 500 lb Cow Elk Dead in its tracks with this load, strait through both shoulders...

Reading this thread has made me reconsider if I made the right choice picking up my S&W Performance Center .44 mag hunter. I've always wanted a revolver in .41 mag, I guess I'll just have to move it up on the list :rolleyes:

Might as well post a pic, since I have one.
This is the 1967 Ruger Blackhawk I had. (Neck feather)
I've never regretted selling it to a good friend, but I do regret not having a gun in 41 Mag that I really like.
The cartridge is fantastic. The options are poor.

41 b.jpg

I have the 6 1/2" barreled Blackhawk and plan on converting it to a Bisley with some nice checkered walnut grips. Everyone says it's a dead or forgotten caliber but I'm here to tell you that while not as popular as 9mm, I make and sell a lot of it.

PC020347.JPG

My .41's. Three screw Blackhawk with Herret grips, shoulder rig and the Bianchi (contracted for Ruger) flap holster.
Model 57 8-3/8" Nickel plated, pinned/recessed, 2x Model 8 EER Leupold.

You may notice these are set up for hunting. The one that looks like it is part of the bumper of a '58 Buick Roadmaster has taken a 4pt. Muley and a couple Antelope.
The Blackhawk has not been blooded (yet).

I only own one .44 Magnum revolver: a Dan Wesson 10" stainless outfitted much as the 57 here. It is the only .44 Magnum handgun I have ever shot that I am capable of shooting well. The cartridge does better for me in my carbines: a Marlin 94 and an early Ruger.

In the .41 I found the "Big Iron" I can shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top