JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a form for that if you feel the need to alert the AFT. Otherwise keep the original barrel so you could reconfigure it back to the original submitted version. If you make a permanent change the AFT would like to know. Have I ever seen someone swap uppers and run it for a few years and then swap to another sized upper, yes. Do I know if they submitted the forms, no. Has anything come of it, no.

NO
Retain the part to put if back to whatever length when reg if you care to.
If they don't have pics BFD
I don't recall if I had to list length or not...its been years.

Just save the bbl or upper depending what it is.

Theres going to be xxx millions of sbr's added in the next few months or whatever. Its not likely that it will ever be an issue . Play some stupid game with your gun/s.......different story.

If you make permanent changes it should be documented and the update sent into the ATF.

If you make temporary changes, or even configure it as a non-SBR, no documentation is needed.

If you have the parts configure it back to what was listed on the document, no need to worry about updates.

Once it's in a SBR configuration, you can change barrel length at will, if you want to give it a 16"+ barrel, you can notify the Atf and fill out the form to remove it from the SBR registry if you don't plan on keeping it a SBR, if for example, you sell the upper with the shorter barrel but kept the lower that's been registered as a SBR.. the only problem after removing it from SBR registry I can see is that of market demand for lowers with additional engraving and such..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top