JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.No ,I didn't buy one....yet.
Just stumbled across this beauty.
It's love at first sight. I wish I could put a bid in for this one...

...at least I have something to "shoot" for, when considering my next purchase.
Never knew about that one. Now I can't live without one.

...I think I need to take a cold shower. :confused:

Dean
P.S. click on the pics and take in those lines. Hubba-Hubba!! :s0155:

She was shore purtty.

Reminds me of my Dads J.C. Higgins bolt 12 Ga. I still have it. It was as basic as could be. Saw 1 in a gun store rack a few yrs ago. $100 was what they were asking.
Worth a hundred times more to me.

My dads name was J.C. Higginbotham

She was shore purtty.

Reminds me of my Dads J.C. Higgins bolt 12 Ga. I still have it. It was as basic as could be. Saw 1 in a gun store rack a few yrs ago. $100 was what they were asking.
Worth a hundred times more to me.

My dads name was J.C. Higginbotham
I was looking over my dad's guns just yesterday and shouldered his JC Higgins Model 20.
I remember that gun as an overweight blunderbuss, but yesterday it popped right up on my shoulder and the bead peeked right over the receiver...right where it should be....about 5 times in a row!
Amazing how much we change between 12 and 56 ( :D ).
I might need to "invest" in some AA's and take it out to the range. ;)
Pretty neat coincidence between your dad's name and the gun's name.

Dean

I'm sure that Pops just bought it to try duck hunting, but I don't think that he did much.
He also had a cheap German 22 single action revolver. He got that for security when camping and RV'n.

I love to shot those guns. I think of Pops when I do.

A while back, Remington was importing and marketing a SxS 12ga./20ga. with the Standard RemChokes. It's been a really Great Shotgun, for both a House and Field Gun. I've found that the Rifled Choke Tubes work pretty much for all my shooting needs. I use #4 Buck and Sabot Slugs for the house protection and whatever Shot Size is correct for Ducks, Geese, Grouse or Pheasant. Personally, I use a Rifle for Larger Game, such as Deer/Elk.

I love the old SXS shotguns. My friend had a 12 gauge that his grandfather willed to him when we were in High school. I dared him to pull both triggers at the same time at a sheet of plywood. He did and ended up on his rear end and the plywood we set up 20 feet away was shredded.. I can't remember what the make or model it was, but it was new when his grandfather bought it and it was still in great shape.

@DeanMk do you know what it went for? It is marked sold. Nice wood and minimal rust and most of the blueing looked great.

Sorry Pete, I don't know what it sold for.
Ph. # and name of seller is stil llisted in the ad.
Maybe you can call them or email them and ask.
I did notice it was on consignment, so I'm betting it was priced on the high side of whatever they usually sell for.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top