JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.No ,I didn't buy one....yet.
Just stumbled across this beauty.
It's love at first sight. I wish I could put a bid in for this one...

...at least I have something to "shoot" for, when considering my next purchase.
Never knew about that one. Now I can't live without one.

...I think I need to take a cold shower. :confused:

Dean
P.S. click on the pics and take in those lines. Hubba-Hubba!! :s0155:

She was shore purtty.

Reminds me of my Dads J.C. Higgins bolt 12 Ga. I still have it. It was as basic as could be. Saw 1 in a gun store rack a few yrs ago. $100 was what they were asking.
Worth a hundred times more to me.

My dads name was J.C. Higginbotham

She was shore purtty.

Reminds me of my Dads J.C. Higgins bolt 12 Ga. I still have it. It was as basic as could be. Saw 1 in a gun store rack a few yrs ago. $100 was what they were asking.
Worth a hundred times more to me.

My dads name was J.C. Higginbotham
I was looking over my dad's guns just yesterday and shouldered his JC Higgins Model 20.
I remember that gun as an overweight blunderbuss, but yesterday it popped right up on my shoulder and the bead peeked right over the receiver...right where it should be....about 5 times in a row!
Amazing how much we change between 12 and 56 ( :D ).
I might need to "invest" in some AA's and take it out to the range. ;)
Pretty neat coincidence between your dad's name and the gun's name.

Dean

I'm sure that Pops just bought it to try duck hunting, but I don't think that he did much.
He also had a cheap German 22 single action revolver. He got that for security when camping and RV'n.

I love to shot those guns. I think of Pops when I do.

A while back, Remington was importing and marketing a SxS 12ga./20ga. with the Standard RemChokes. It's been a really Great Shotgun, for both a House and Field Gun. I've found that the Rifled Choke Tubes work pretty much for all my shooting needs. I use #4 Buck and Sabot Slugs for the house protection and whatever Shot Size is correct for Ducks, Geese, Grouse or Pheasant. Personally, I use a Rifle for Larger Game, such as Deer/Elk.

I love the old SXS shotguns. My friend had a 12 gauge that his grandfather willed to him when we were in High school. I dared him to pull both triggers at the same time at a sheet of plywood. He did and ended up on his rear end and the plywood we set up 20 feet away was shredded.. I can't remember what the make or model it was, but it was new when his grandfather bought it and it was still in great shape.

@DeanMk do you know what it went for? It is marked sold. Nice wood and minimal rust and most of the blueing looked great.

Sorry Pete, I don't know what it sold for.
Ph. # and name of seller is stil llisted in the ad.
Maybe you can call them or email them and ask.
I did notice it was on consignment, so I'm betting it was priced on the high side of whatever they usually sell for.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads