JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't think of too many ways to spend an afternoon, alone, indoors that I enjoy as quite as much. 20150922_094047.jpg

Yes Sir! There's just something about Hoppe's No. 9! I don't use it much any more, but damn if it won't always have a spot on my bench and gun kit.

What's with the pink handle and birdcage?

But I do love taking my firearms apart, cleaning them, and having the peace if mind they are cleaned and ready for use.

Nothing worse than putting a dirty gun back in the safe.

I recently took apart an old .22 rifle that was handed down to me awhile ago. Probably hadn't been cleaned in 20 years and was put away about as dirty as could be. Shot it at the range when I first got it and it wouldn't even cycle.

image.jpg image.jpg

It's to keep the mind occupied while being productive.

When you choose to do it, that's when it's fun. When you are required to do it... not so much.

Lots of people out there can't entertain themselves, they need someone around to keep their mind busy. I do just fine with my projects on my own and now that I am retired time means nothing in getting projects done:D.

I wish I had more time.
Just finishing up with some work in my kitchen, getting our spare room re-done to move our 2 1/2 yrold into and re-doing her room for the new baby coming!
I have my hands full.
I'm dreaming of the day I can sit out at the work bench and just take guns apart and doing some work.

It took me a year to get that .22 cleaned up and back together.

If I'm inspecting it, great, and I'm tough! If someone else is doing the inspecting it just kills the pleasure like Ol' Sparky in a Florida prison!;)

What's with the pink handle and birdcage?

But I do love taking my firearms apart, cleaning them, and having the peace if mind they are cleaned and ready for use.

Nothing worse than putting a dirty gun back in the safe.

I recently took apart an old .22 rifle that was handed down to me awhile ago. Probably hadn't been cleaned in 20 years and was put away about as dirty as could be. Shot it at the range when I first got it and it wouldn't even cycle.

View attachment 257141 View attachment 257142
That is a model 60 marlin. I know the action assembly.And need one to put my friends gun back together.
I was changing the buffer and forgot to contain a spring. Well the parts are someplce in my shop:rolleyes:

Yes Sir! There's just something about Hoppe's No. 9! I don't use it much any more, but damn if it won't always have a spot on my bench and gun kit.

Hell I am almost tempted to use it as aftershave. Have had it in my cleaning supplies for over 6 decades.
It just smells good ROFLOL

I honestly hated weapons qual worse than cleaning. Unless I was cleaning someone else's 249. Now I'll sit down at the end of the day, watch a movie, and go over all my firearms.

That is a model 60 marlin. I know the action assembly.And need one to put my friends gun back together.
I was changing the buffer and forgot to contain a spring. Well the parts are someplce in my shop:rolleyes:

Yup! I must have made the gun Gods happy, because I shot that darn thing out a half a dozen times and was able to somehow contained it or caught it in my shirt.

That guy was a B to get back together. I did crack the trigger finger gaurd piece screwing it in too tight, but it's still secure.

They have parts for those all over ebay.

When I ever get some time I want to sand the stock down and re-stain it.
Don't want to mess up the squirrel though!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top